Yarrow tea is a delightful herbal tea that is not only tasty but also has numerous health benefits
The yarrow tea recipe is a fantastic place to start if you’re searching for a method to include more herbal teas in your daily routine.
Everything you need to know about yarrow tea, including its advantages, how to prepare it, and some suggestions on how to make it even tastier, will be covered in this post.
What Is Yarrow Tea?
The blossoms and leaves of the yarrow plant are used to make the herbal tea known as “yarrow tea” (Achillea millefolium).
Although being a native of Europe, this plant is widespread throughout the globe.
The herb has a long history of usage in traditional medicine to treat a number of conditions, such as colds, fevers, and digestive problems.
Yarrow Tea Recipe
Recipe Time: The recipe time for yarrow tea is about 10-15 minutes, including the time to steep the tea.
Yield: This recipe yields one cup of yarrow tea.
Making yarrow tea is simple and easy. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 teaspoons of dried yarrow flowers and leaves
- 8-12 ounces of boiling water
- Honey or lemon (optional)
Here’s how to make it:
- Place the dried yarrow flowers and leaves in a tea strainer or infuser.
- Pour the boiling water over the yarrow and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the strainer or infuser and discard the yarrow.
- Add honey or lemon to taste, if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
The nutrition facts for yarrow tea vary depending on how it’s prepared. Here are the approximate nutrition facts for one cup of yarrow tea made with 1 teaspoon of honey:
- Calories: 20
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 10mg
Tips For Making Delicious Yarrow Tea
While yarrow tea has a pleasant taste on its own, here are some tips to make it even more delicious:
- Add a cinnamon stick or a few cloves to the tea while it steeps for a warm and spicy flavor.
- Add a slice of fresh ginger for a slightly spicy and refreshing taste.
- Mix yarrow tea with other herbal teas such as chamomile or peppermint for a unique and flavorful blend.
Foraging Yarrow for Herbal Tea
Benefits Of Yarrow Tea
Yarrow tea has numerous health benefits. Here are some of the most notable:
1. May Help Reduce Inflammation
Yarrow tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be beneficial for people with conditions such as arthritis, asthma, and inflammatory bowel disease.
2. May Help Relieve Anxiety And Stress
Yarrow tea has a calming effect on the body and may help relieve anxiety and stress. This is due to its ability to stimulate the production of GABA, a neurotransmitter that helps regulate anxiety.
3. May Help Improve Digestion
Yarrow tea has been traditionally used to treat digestive issues such as bloating, cramps, and diarrhea. It has antispasmodic properties that can help relax the muscles in the digestive tract, which can relieve these symptoms.
4. May Help Boost The Immune System
Yarrow tea has antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help boost the immune system. This can be beneficial for people who are prone to infections or who want to support their immune system during cold and flu season.
Yarrow tea is a tasty and healthy herbal tea that has numerous health benefits. It can be prepared quickly and eaten at any time of day.
Yarrow tea is a fantastic option if you want to lower inflammation, soothe anxiety, enhance digestion, or strengthen your immune system.
So why not try it out right now?