If you want to know, What is double delight Chinese food? Keep reading this article. This is an article about the meaning of double delight, the top 5 dishes of double delight Chinese food.
Double Delight means two types of meat with a combination of vegetables or tofu over rice. Common meats are pork and shrimp, chicken and beef, or beef and lamb.
The dish is really just a Chinese take on “Surf And Turf,” with the seafood swapped out for shrimp. What does double delight Chinese food mean? It is a Chinese dish; you will find this information in the article below.
What is Double Delight Chinese Food?
Double delight food is a Chinese dish that combines two traditional dishes: kung pao chicken, which usually consists of fried or roasted chicken, peanuts, and soy sauce; and shrimp toast, which is a dish made from steamed bread in the shape of a small stick covered with cooked shrimp.
Kung pao chicken and shrimp toast are essentially opposites. One is spicy, and one is sweet. So you might wonder how many people have attempted this combination before. Well, we looked into it for you!
Top 5 Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe
1. Shrimp Toast Recipe (Peanut Butter)
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8-10 pieces, 1 per person.
- 1 stick of soft bread (leave the crust on),
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter (1 tbs),
- 1/2 cup prepared shrimp, chopped into small pieces, and sea salt to taste
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 green onions, chopped Coating: 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tsp table salt
Step By Step Instructions
Step-1: Coat bread stick with peanut butter and stir in chopped shrimp, salt, and hot water until combined.
Step-2: Place bread stick on the pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 40-45 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through.
Step-3: When finished cooking, let cool and cut into 4 to 6 slices per person
Step-4: Mix lemon juice and chopped green onions together, and pour over shrimp toasts before serving.
Note: Serve with hot sauce or sweet and sour sauce
Nutritional Fact Per Serving
|Total Carbohydrates||18 g|
2. Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe (Chicken & Beef)
(This variety is quite easy to cook up)
You Will Need
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces;
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce;
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar;
- a pinch of white pepper;
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes;
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt.
- You’ll also need 1 pound of beef and 3 cups of water.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let the chicken and beef marinate for 30 minutes.
In a large cast-iron skillet, add the chicken and beef, cover with marinade, bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve with oyster sauce and white rice. If you want to be extra fancy, add some lemon juice 🙂
3. Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe (Chicken & Steak)
- 2 tbsp red bean paste
- 1 ground chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- Marinade: 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1/4 cup chili sauce, and 2 teaspoons of water.
Pour all the marinade ingredients into a bowl, and then add the chicken cubes. Let it marinade for at least an hour. Cook the noodles and drain the excess water. Heat some oil in a hot pan or wok pan and fry the bean pastes until fragrant. Add in a little bit of water (if needed) to prevent it from burning. Then add the chicken cubes and cook until they are no longer pink on the inside.
1. Heat up a wok or a frying pan. Add oil and bean paste, and stir fry until fragrant.
2. Add in meat and stir fry until meat is half cooked or almost raw (do not use high heat for this step because there will be another step of cooking it).
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients and let it cook until all liquid has been absorbed.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with white rice and some sauce if desired.
4. Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe (Shrimp & Chicken)
This recipe is easy to follow but requires some preparation time beforehand, especially cutting the chicken into slices before marinating it. This dish should not be served dry but with rice noodles (for added flavor).
This recipe is easier because the rice noodles will take care of the inedible rice.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup black bean sauce (found at Oriental market) or white bean sauce (found at most grocery stores). You can use both, but black bean sauce is a little bit spicier.
- 2 lbs of chicken thighs and drumsticks (cut into slices, do not tear them)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
Take a small bowl and mix together all ingredients except for the chicken into a marinade. Let it rest for 3-5 hours in the refrigerator.
Add in chicken and mix around until the marinade is evenly distributed. Let it sit for an additional 15-30 minutes.
Next, paint the bottom of a pressure cooker/stovetop with oil. Place the chicken into the pressure cooker tightly spaced together so that nothing will fall through. Cook in a normal pressure cooker at 2-3 whistles or 10-15 minutes on low heat.
5. Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe (Steamed Bread & Meat)
- 3 batches of bread dough (one batch for each person),
- 1 egg, beaten,
- 1 cup of vegetable oil for frying the bread. Oil can be found at any grocery store. If you do not have any, then use flour.
- Meat: 1 lb ground beef
Step By Step Instruction
Step-1: Make your dough the size of a small chest of hair. It will be a little thicker than regular bread.
Step-2: Cut into small pieces and roll out on the table.
Step-3: Use the Egg to help you put the dough in shape. Coat some flour on top of your dough to make it stick together.
Step-4: After that, let it rest for 30 minutes until it hardens, then fries in hot oil until golden brown.
Step-5: Put some meat inside, and wrap the dough around it.
Step-6: Repeat this process for all of your dough. Make sure to coat the dough with the egg wash before frying.
The Bottom Line
Double delight is really a common type of Chinese food. They are amazing to try out and spice up your Chinese cooking.
Wow, what a great Double Delight Chinese Food Recipe! We don’t know how difficult it is to cook, but it will surely be delicious! Hope you give it a try and enjoy the taste!
Leave your comment on this post or send an E-mail to us. We will make sure that you are satisfied with the information or recipe we posted!