Welcome to our blog! Today, we will be sharing with you a delicious and traditional recipe from South Indian cuisine – Vengaya Thogayal.
This recipe is a flavorful and aromatic side dish that is made with onions and a blend of spices. It is usually served as a condiment alongside rice dishes, but it can also be enjoyed as a dip or spread.
Not only is this recipe tasty, but it is also incredibly easy to make. In this blog post, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide on preparing Vengaya Thogayal at home.
So, if you are a fan of South Indian food or are simply looking to add some new flavors to your meals, this recipe is definitely for you!
Vengaya Thogayal Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chili peppers
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds to the pan and let them sizzle for a few seconds until they pop.
- Add the chopped onions and dried red chili peppers to the pan and sauté until the onions are softened and lightly browned.
- Add the grated coconut and salt to the pan and sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the coconut is lightly toasted.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and add the water. Blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Serve the Vengaya Thogayal as a condiment with rice dishes, or enjoy it as a dip or spread. It can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Note: You can adjust the spiciness of this recipe by using more or fewer dried red chili peppers. You can also add a small piece of tamarind for a hint of sourness. Enjoy!