A lot of individuals all over the world enjoy drinking milk tea.
Historically, milk is used to make milk tea, but as veganism and lactose sensitivity have grown in popularity, vegan alternatives are becoming more and more popular.
This article will provide you with a delicious and easy-to-make vegan milk tea recipe that will satisfy your cravings. Get ready to indulge in a creamy and flavorful cup of vegan milk tea!
Vegan Milk Tea Recipe
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 2 servings.
To make vegan milk tea recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of brewed tea (black, green, or oolong)
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (such as almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener (such as agave syrup, maple syrup, or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional)
- Ice cubes (optional)
Follow these simple steps to prepare your vegan milk tea recipe:
Step 1: Brew The Tea
Start by brewing your favorite tea according to the instructions on the packaging. Black, green, or oolong tea work well for milk tea. Steep the tea for the recommended time and strain the leaves.
Step 2: Sweeten The Tea
While the tea is still hot, add the sweetener of your choice. Stir well until the sweetener is fully dissolved. Adjust the amount of sweetener based on your preference for sweetness.
Step 3: Add Plant-Based Milk
Next, pour the brewed tea into a cup and add the plant-based milk. Stir gently to combine the tea and milk. You can adjust the amount of milk based on your desired level of creaminess.
Step 4: Add Vanilla Extract (Optional)
Add a splash of vanilla extract to your vegan milk tea for an extra flavor boost. Stir well to incorporate the vanilla flavor throughout the drink.
Step 5: Serve And Enjoy
If you prefer your milk tea cold, add some ice cubes to a glass before pouring in the prepared tea. Give it a gentle stir, and your vegan milk tea is ready to be enjoyed!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving):
- Calories: 50
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Sodium: 80mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Calcium: 120mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Potassium: 60mg
Tips And Variations
- Experiment with different types of tea to find your favorite flavor combination. Earl Grey, jasmine, or chai tea can add a unique twist to your vegan milk tea recipe.
- You can use canned coconut milk instead of plant-based milk if you prefer a creamier texture. Be sure to shake the can well before using it.
- For a touch of indulgence, top your vegan milk tea with dairy-free whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your taste preferences. Add more or less sweetener to achieve the desired level of sweetness.
- To make a frothy vegan milk tea, blend the brewed tea and plant-based milk together using a blender or milk frother.
Health Benefits Of Vegan Milk Tea
Vegan milk tea offers several health benefits:
- Plant-based milk alternatives are often lower in calories and saturated fat compared to dairy milk, making vegan milk tea a healthier option for those watching their calorie intake.
- Vegan milk tea can be a good source of essential nutrients, depending on the type of plant-based milk used. For example, almond milk is rich in vitamin E, while soy milk provides a good amount of protein.
- Drinking black, green, or oolong tea can contribute to overall hydration and may offer antioxidant properties.
Vegan milk tea is a delightful and satisfying beverage that everyone can enjoy, regardless of their dietary preferences. You can create a creamy and flavorful cup of vegan milk tea with a simple recipe and a few basic ingredients.
By using plant-based milk alternatives and sweeteners of your choice, you can customize your milk tea to suit your taste buds. So go ahead and give this vegan milk tea recipe a try. Indulge in a refreshing and guilt-free treat that will leave you craving more!