Twin peaks cherry pie recipe vegan is a popular dessert, made from scratch and without any use of dairy or eggs. It’s easy to make and a great option for those with dietary restrictions.
This recipe is low in fat, high in fiber, and can be eaten as a snack or even served at your next gathering.
It is also gluten-free. This cherry pie recipe twin peaks serves a family of 4 to 6. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.
Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Recipe Vegan
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
Ingredients For Best Cherry Pie Recipes
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 5 cups fresh or frozen cherries – drained if fresh (thaw if frozen)
- 3/4 cup white cane sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water (or potato starch mixed with water if you want to avoid corn products)
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl and stir. Add the cherries and stir until evenly coated before transferring them to the pie crust (you can discard excess cornstarch at this point). Cover with a top pastry crust.
- Pinch the seams to seal and crimp them, making decorative edges if you wish.
- Pierce the top crust several times with a fork to allow steam to escape.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 35 minutes more until edges are browned (covering edges with aluminum foil is optional).
- Cool on a wire rack and serve cold or at room temperature after it has been refrigerated overnight (which enhances its flavor).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Calories: 279, Total Fat: 1 g, High Fiber, Low Sugar, Gluten Free, Vegan.
Excellent Source Of: Vitamin A – 6.8%DV, Vitamin C – 4.6%DV, Calcium – 10.9%DV
How Should I Serve Twin Peaks Cherry Pie?
Serve this vegan dessert as a snack, with coffee after dinner, or make it the star of your next social gathering.
To make this recipe vegan-friendly, ingredients can be substituted with low-fat and high-fiber products.
Are Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Good For You?
Cherries have so many benefits for the body that it’s no wonder they’re added to so many recipes. They can fight eye diseases, help fight cancer and even stabilize blood sugar levels!
This simple fruit is also rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, which help boost the immune system and protect against disease.
Are Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Kids Friendly?
Just like spinach, this recipe is kid friendly and can be eaten by children. This recipe will certainly be a favorite among children who are interested in all things cherry.
Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
This is not a dessert for an event with many guests. However, if you make more than one pie, this would make a great addition to your gourmet pie party.
Will Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Increase Your Appetite?
This dish initially tastes sweet, but it does have some bitterness that lasts for about 15 minutes after consuming the cherry pie.
Will Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Make You Fat?
It does not contain any sweeteners that are commonly used to make sweets taste sweeter. There is no obvious sugar addition in this recipe. This recipe has no fat or oils added to it.
Several ingredients in this recipe have been utilized for their anti-cancer properties, and another ingredient has been used as a blood sugar stabilizer.
Can Twin Peaks Cherry Pie Be Frozen?
You can freeze this pie and enjoy a slice whenever you want. To defrost the pie, take it out of the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes before eating it. You can also microwave it for about 10 seconds to make it warm and crisp.
You can enjoy this pie with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for an extra special treat!
The Bottom Line
Cherry pies are enjoyed all over the world, but local recipes vary by region. Having a recipe handy makes it easy to prepare something special that tastes good and is vegan-friendly.
This recipe was created by combining specific ingredients with just enough sugar, salt, and cornstarch to help coat the fruit so that excess juice is not released during baking.
The result is a delicious dessert that tastes great and is high in fiber. Enjoy this pie on its own or with a scoop of ice cream.
- Mormon Russian Tea Recipe - May 31, 2023
- Chili’s Street Corn Recipe - May 29, 2023
- Moonshine Pickles Recipe: A Tangy Culinary Adventure - May 28, 2023