Trader Joe’s Couscous Salad is a Trader Joe’s-exclusive salad containing a mixture of packaged and fresh ingredients.
It is also another example of the extensive amount of organic produce sold at Trader Joe’s, as well as the option to add your own non-organic ingredients, like bacon and cheese. It should be noted that this salad is considered vegan if one uses organic ingredients.
CRUNCH! That first bite of Trader Joes Couscous Salad can make almost anyone smile. The savory couscous is the perfect pairing for juicy tomatoes, basil, and olives. You’ve got to love how it clings to your fork with a delicate crunch as you eat it.
- 1 Trader Joe’s Couscous Salad Recipe
- 2 What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Couscous Salad?
- 3 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 4 What Are Good Side Dish For Couscous Salad?
- 5 What Are Good Snack Foods To Eat With Couscous Salad?
- 6 Is Couscous Salad Good For You?
- 7 Can You Lose Weight Eating Couscous Salad?
- 8 Are Couscous Salad Kids Friendly?
- 9 Can You Make Couscous Salad Healthy?
- 10 Can You Make Couscous Salad Better?
- 11 What Seasonings Should You Use For This Couscous Salad Recipe?
- 12 Best 7 Health Benefits Of Couscous Salad
- 13 The Bottom Line
Trader Joe’s Couscous Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup green goddess dressing
1. Cook couscous as directed on the package.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add bell peppers to pan; cook until tender-crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini; cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas and pepper mixture; cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more (do not overcook). Season with salt and pepper.
5. Drain couscous, then toss with onion mixture and chickpea mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste; sprinkle with chopped basil leaves. Serve with green goddess dressing on the side.
What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Couscous Salad?
Green Goddess dressing is the best choice for this couscous salad. It is made from mayonnaise, sour cream, shredded hard-boiled eggs, anchovy paste, chives, and parsley.
Green Goddess salad dressing has a creamy, rich flavor with a slight tang of anchovy and herbs. The ingredients for this dressing are simple, yet any other store can’t beat the flavor it produces bought dressing.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
What Are Good Side Dish For Couscous Salad?
The side dish you eat with couscous salad depends on your choice. The best side dishes are quinoa salad and baked sweet potato fries if you want to eat them as a main course.
For those who want to serve this as an appetizer, then the best side dishes to choose from are hummus veggie sticks and light cheese crackers
What Are Good Snack Foods To Eat With Couscous Salad?
The best snacks that can go well with couscous salad are potato chips and salsa. You can also have olives as a side dish for this couscous salad. However, you should not forget to put a healthy salad dressing in this salad.
Is Couscous Salad Good For You?
Couscous salad is a good dish for the diet. This recipe contains many green vegetables that are rich in nutrition and fiber.
Aside from the main ingredient, couscous, the other ingredients contain some vitamins and minerals, which are important for health.
Can You Lose Weight Eating Couscous Salad?
Yes, indeed, you can lose weight with this recipe! Because in this salad, lots of vegetables and low-fat dairy items help you lose weight.
If you are fat, you should follow this recipe carefully. Then you will not be fat anymore.
Are Couscous Salad Kids Friendly?
Trader Joe’s couscous salad is a nutritious dish for both kids and adults. This recipe is so healthy that children and adults can eat it without concern.
Most children with common allergies can safely eat this salad because it has no nuts or preservatives. This recipe is also very delicious and can be eaten by most people with taste buds.
Can You Make Couscous Salad Healthy?
There are some tips that can make the couscous salad healthy. This recipe has lots of vegetables and low-fat dairy items that are good for your health.
The other key to making this recipe healthy is to restrict the amount of cheese and bacon you eat.
Can You Make Couscous Salad Better?
The answer is yes! This recipe can be made better by adding more ingredients and good spices. To improve the taste, you can add more cheese and bacon, but in a limited amount.
What Seasonings Should You Use For This Couscous Salad Recipe?
You can use almost anything as a seasoning on this couscous salad recipe. The seasonings you should use will depend on your own preference. Some seasonings you can use are olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Couscous Salad
- Heart Healthy Couscous Salad is a great source of dietary fiber.
- The amino acid profile of couscous is similar to soy protein and therefore might be used as a replacement if soy intolerant.
- The high content of manganese and copper in couscous is essential for the formation of connective tissue, energy metabolism, antioxidant enzymes, and cellular signaling.
- An excellent source of folate (a B vitamin) and vitamin A (in the form “beta-carotene”) that help protect against heart disease and some cancers (colon cancer in men, lung cancer in women).
- Couscous contains more protein than most varieties of rice.
- A one-cup serving of couscous (185 grams) provides 41 percent of the Daily Value (DV) for iron, a mineral that has antioxidant properties and plays a role in converting vitamin C to vitamin E, helps protect cells from free-radical damage.
- A very good source of copper, a very important mineral for the immune system, is collagen formation and energy metabolism.
The Bottom Line
Trader Joe’s couscous salad is a very healthy dish to eat. You can use this recipe as a side dish or main course in your dinner. This recipe has lots of vegetables and low-fat dairy items that are good for your health.
Most children with common allergies can safely eat this salad because it has no nuts or preservatives. This recipe is also very delicious and can be eaten by most people who have taste buds.