Welcome to our blog! Today we’re sharing a delicious and refreshing recipe for Tio Pepe Sangria.
This traditional Spanish drink is perfect for any summer party or barbecue. Made with red wine, brandy, and a variety of fruit, Tio Pepe Sangria is a crowd-pleaser that’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to making the perfect Tio Pepe Sangria, as well as some variations and tips for customizing the recipe to your liking. So grab a bottle of red wine, and let’s get started!
Tio Pepe Sangria Recipe
- 1 bottle of red wine (Spanish Rioja or Tempranillo works well)
- 1 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 pear, diced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup club soda (optional)
- Combine the red wine, brandy, orange juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
- Add the sliced orange, lemon, apple, and pear to the mixture.
- Stir in the cinnamon sticks and let the sangria sit in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or up to 24 hours) to allow the flavors to meld.
- Before serving, add the club soda if desired.
- Serve the sangria over ice, garnished with additional fruit slices if desired.
- Try adding diced pineapple and mango to the sangria for a tropical twist.
- For a sweeter sangria, increase the amount of simple syrup or add a splash of grenadine.
- To give the sangria a sparkling twist, try using sparkling wine or champagne in place of the red wine.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of red wine to find the one that you like best in the sangria.
- If you don’t have brandy, you can use rum or even vodka as a substitute.
- To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Let the syrup cool before using it in the sangria.