Are you looking for a new and exciting twist on traditional onion recipes? Look no further than the Tennessee Onion!
This recipe combines the sweet and savory flavors of caramelized onions with the smoky, rich taste of bacon to create a topping that is sure to impress.
This dish is easy to make and packed with flavor, perfect for burgers, sandwiches, and more.
In this post, we will share a delicious recipe for Tennessee onions that will become a staple in your kitchen. So, let’s dive in and discover how to make this mouthwatering dish!
Tennessee Onion Recipe
- 4 large onions, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of bacon, diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set it aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the skillet. Cook the onions, occasionally stirring, for about 20-25 minutes or until the onions are caramelized and tender.
- Add the cooked bacon back into the skillet with the onions and stir well. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve the Tennessee Onions as a topping for burgers, sandwiches, or as a side dish. Enjoy!
This recipe for Tennessee onions is a unique twist on the traditional caramelized onion recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
The smoky bacon adds a delicious depth of flavor to the sweet and savory onions, making them the perfect topping for burgers, sandwiches, and more. So, try this recipe and see how it becomes a staple in your kitchen.