Straub’s Chicken Salad is a great dish to have for lunch or dinner. It is healthy for you and your family. This recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed with a lot of different options on the side.
Whether you are looking for the best chicken salad recipe or the healthiest chicken salad, this recipe is perfect for you.
Straub’s Chicken Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Recipe Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons white or apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
Step By Step Instructions:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, celery, and red onion until combined.
2. Whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, and vinegar in a small bowl until smooth.
3. Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cranberries until combined.
4. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Chicken Salad?
Some people like to add salad dressing to the salad or in a little water. If you want to do that, it’s ok. However, I recommend adding it on the side with a fork to make sure it’s well combined.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
|Fat||12g (1g saturated)|
|Carbohydrates||7g (1g fiber, 4g sugar)|
How Do You Eat Chicken Salad?
Chicken salad is eaten as a “sandwich” and can be served on bread or in a bowl. If you’re making it for sandwiches, use low-fat bread. If you want to serve it in a bowl, I recommend serving it with whole-grain crackers or chips.
Some people like to add vegetables on top of the chicken salad; if you do that, try to use broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, or green beans for the vegetables.
- You can eat a chicken salad with lettuce if you have no whole-grain crackers or chips. Consider adding cucumbers, green peppers, or radishes.
- You can put chicken salad in a pita pocket (try whole-wheat pitas).
Is Chicken Salad Good For When You Sick?
Chicken salad is good for you during the cold season. Vitamin C and chicken help your body fight off illness. In the summertime, try a chicken salad with cucumber slices and a green salad on top, or add tomatoes and cucumbers on top (on a regular basis, not in between meals).
Best 7 Health Benefits Of Chicken Salad
1. Cracked Down Colds
Chicken salad is a great food to keep you well during the cold season. Vitamin C and chicken help your body fight off illness.
In the summertime, try the chicken salad with cucumber slices and a green salad on top, or add tomatoes and cucumbers on top (on a regular basis, not in between meals).
2. Weight Loss
Chicken salad is filled with calories, but you can eat it a couple of days a week and still lose weight. Try to only eat chicken salad when you are hungry and keep your portion size small.
Eating chicken salad after your workout will help you lose weight quickly because your body will receive an energy boost from the ingredients in the chicken salad.
3. Heart Health
Due to its high fiber content, chicken is a good source for heart health. A high fiber diet may reduce blood cholesterol and blood pressure in overweight individuals with high cholesterol levels.
4. Bone Health
Because chicken has lots of protein in it, it’s good for building bones. Chicken breast is a good protein source to help build or sustain new bones.
5. Skin Health
Chicken and egg yolk contain zinc, which is needed to keep your skin healthy and strong. You can use your skin as a form of zinc supplement by simply rubbing a little egg yolk on the affected area three times per week!
6. Immunity Booster
Chicken is an important source of immune-boosting B vitamins, like folate (source). The B vitamins in chicken also help to keep your body functioning properly throughout the dayhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc.
The Bottom Line
Chicken salad is good for you and your family. The dressing can be added on the side to make it better for you. You can eat chicken salad in a variety of ways (sandwiches, bowls, or just lettuce and cucumbers).
If you want to lose weight or keep your heart healthy, eat chicken salad after your workouts or as a snack; that way, you’ll get the most nutrients out of it. The chicken salad contains fiber, protein, and vitamins that contribute to keeping you healthy.
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023