Mac and cheese is a timeless comfort food that people of all ages have enjoyed. Souplantation is a popular buffet-style restaurant chain known for its delectable mac and cheese.
This article will guide you through the process of making a Souplantation Mac And Cheese Recipe at home, allowing you to enjoy this cheesy delight whenever you want.
Souplantation Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.
To make Souplantation mac and cheese, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
Follow these steps to prepare Souplantation mac and cheese:
Step 1: Cook The Macaroni
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the elbow macaroni to the boiling water and cook according to the package instructions until al dente.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and set it aside.
Step 2: Prepare The Cheese Sauce
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk continuously for about 1 minute to create a roux.
- Slowly pour in the milk while whisking to combine it with the roux.
- Continue whisking until the sauce thickens and becomes smooth.
- Stir in the mustard powder, salt, black pepper, and paprika.
- Gradually add the shredded cheddar cheese, stirring until it melts completely and the sauce is creamy.
Step 3: Combine The Macaroni And Cheese Sauce
When the cooked macaroni is thoroughly coated in the sauce, add it to the cheese sauce and toss.
Step 4: Bake The Mac And Cheese (Optional)
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish if you prefer a baked mac and cheese.
- Sprinkle some additional shredded cheese on top for a golden, cheesy crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 20 minutes or until the top is bubbly and lightly browned.
Tips For Perfect Mac And Cheese
- Use high-quality cheese for the best flavor and texture.
- Experiment with different cheese blends to customize the taste.
- Cook the macaroni until al dente, as it will continue to cook slightly during baking.
- Stir the cheese sauce continuously to prevent it from sticking to the pan and ensure a smooth consistency.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
The approximate nutritional information given is subject to change depending on the precise materials utilized.
- Calories: 360
- Total Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Sodium: 570mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 16g
Variations To Try
- Add cooked bacon or ham for a savory twist.
- Mix in steamed broccoli or roasted vegetables to incorporate some greens.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top before baking for a crispy texture.
- Garnish with chopped chives or parsley for added freshness.
- Serve the Souplantation mac and cheese as a main dish with a side salad or steamed vegetables.
- It also makes a great side dish for grilled meats or roasted chicken.
- Pair it with a glass of white wine or a refreshing lemonade.
Now you can enjoy the indulgent and comforting flavors of Souplantation mac and cheese in your home. You can recreate the traditional dish using this simple recipe, which features macaroni that is cooked to perfection and a creamy cheese sauce.
Customize it with your favorite additions and serve it as a main course or side dish. Get ready to savor each cheesy and delicious bite!