Lasagna is a beloved Italian dish that has gained popularity worldwide. With its layers of rich meat sauce, creamy cheese, and tender pasta, lasagna offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
This article will share a delicious Skinner lasagna recipe that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. So, let’s dive into the world of flavors and create a memorable culinary experience!
Skinner Lasagna Recipe
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings
To prepare a scrumptious Skinner lasagna recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 12 Skinner lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
Step-By-Step Preparation Guide
- Cook the Skinner lasagna noodles according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Cook until the onion is transparent after adding the diced onion and garlic.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- In a another bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, chopped parsley, and beaten egg. Mix well to create a creamy filling.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- To assemble the lasagna, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange three lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture over the noodles. Repeat this process, alternating between the meat sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all the ingredients are used, ending with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once baked, remove the lasagna from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. This allows the flavors to settle, making it easier to slice and serve.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 432
- Total Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 931mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 29g
Tips For A Perfect Skinner Lasagna
- Be sure to cook the lasagna noodles until al dente, as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- To enhance the flavor of the meat sauce, you can add a splash of red wine or a pinch of sugar.
- For a vegetarian alternative, replace the ground beef with sautéed mushrooms or a mix of vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and spinach.
- To achieve a beautiful golden crust on top, you can broil the lasagna for a couple of minutes after baking.
Variations And Additions
While the Skinner lasagna recipe we’ve provided is delicious on its own, you can always get creative and customize it to suit your taste. Here are a few variations and additions you can try:
- Add cooked Italian sausage or ground turkey to the meat sauce for extra flavor.
- Add a sautéed spinach or kale layer between the noodles and cheese mixture.
- Experiment with different types of cheeses, such as fontina, provolone, or Gruyère, to add unique flavors to your lasagna.
If you’re looking for a healthier spin on traditional lasagna, consider the following alternatives:
- Use whole wheat lasagna noodles for added fiber and nutrients.
- Replace the ground beef with lean ground chicken or turkey.
- Opt for low-fat ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese to reduce the calorie content.
- Incorporate more vegetables into the meat sauce, such as finely grated carrots or zucchini.
Serving And Pairing Suggestions
Skinner lasagna pairs well with a variety of accompaniments. Here are a few serving and pairing suggestions:
- Serve the lasagna with a side of garlic bread and a fresh green salad for a complete meal.
- Pair it with a glass of red wine, such as Chianti or Sangiovese, to complement the rich flavors.
- Garnish the lasagna with fresh basil leaves or a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese for an extra touch of freshness.
Skinner lasagna recipe is a comforting and hearty dish that brings people together. With its layers of pasta, flavorful meat sauce, and creamy cheese, it’s no wonder lasagna has become a favorite around the world.
Following our recipe and incorporating your personal touches, you can create a memorable lasagna that will impress your family and friends.
Hence, grab your supplies, don an apron, and get ready to enjoy a scrumptious treat!