Are you looking for a new and unique way to enjoy coleslaw? Look no further than salt lick coleslaw recipe!
This recipe uses a salt lick, typically used to supplement the diet of farm animals, to add an intense and delicious flavor to traditional coleslaw.
Combined with the sweetness of honey and the tanginess of apple cider vinegar, this coleslaw is the perfect side dish for any summer barbecue or cookout. Keep reading to learn how to make this delicious and unique recipe at home.
Salt Lick Coleslaw Recipe
Salt lick coleslaw is a delicious and unique take on traditional coleslaw. It gets its name from the use of a salt lick, a block of salt typically used to supplement the diet of farm animals. In this recipe, the salt lick is used to add a unique and intense flavor to the coleslaw.
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt lick, finely crushed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, and diced red onion.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt lick in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve cold, and enjoy!
This salt lick coleslaw is a great side dish for any summer barbecue or cookout. The salt lick adds a unique and intense flavor to the coleslaw, sure to impress your guests.
The sweetness of the honey and the tanginess of the apple cider vinegar balance out the saltiness of the salt lick, creating a perfect harmony of flavors. So, try this recipe and make your next barbecue or cookout even more delicious!