Ever had the unfortunate experience of tater tots turning cold just as you are ready to enjoy them?
This tutorial will show you how to reheat tater tots in an oven, stovetop, microwave, and electric pressure cooker.
Can You Reheat Cooked Tater Tots?
Yes, you can reheat tater tots. Tater tots are deep-fried potato types that are usually eaten as bar food and appetizers. They have a crispy outside and soft fluffy inside.
How To Reheat Tater Tots?
There are various ways the general public has traditionally heated up tater tots. These methods include:
Traditional Reheating Methods
- Oven Reheating- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place frozen tater tots on the parchment paper with about 2 inches of space between them and cook for around 20-25 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Stovetop Reheating- Place frozen tater tots on a nonstick cookie sheet in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for around 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Microwave Reheating- Place frozen tater tots on a microwave-safe plate. Cook for 2 1/2-5 minutes on medium heat, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
Alternative Reheating Methods
- Air Fryer Reheating – Place frozen tater tots in a covered air fryer and cook for around 30 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
- Toaster Oven Reheating – Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake frozen tater tots for around 5 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
- Instant Pot Reheating- Place frozen tater tots in a stock pot or Instant Pot, with enough water to cover the tater tots by 1 inch, and heat the water at high pressure for around 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, release the pressure and serve.
How Do You Keep Tater Tots Crispy In The Microwave?
The traditional way that the general public keeps tater tots crispy in the microwave is by covering them in a thin film of water.
Their method for most common food, such as tater tots, would involve folding foil over the food, submerging it in a shallow container of cooking liquid, and then putting it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
I hope this tutorial taught you a new way to reheat tater tots. Remember that the best method of heating up tater tots is to use a combination of air frying and microwaving. These methods are healthier than using a toaster oven, stovetop, or traditional oven.
The ideal way to reheat tater tots is in an air fryer because this will prevent them from burning, ensuring that they remain crispy for your enjoyment.
We hope you’ve found this article helpful in your search for how to reheat tater tots.