One of our favorite dishes during the winter is dumplings. Even though you might not be feeling the best, dumplings are easily re-heated and make for a perfect light meal.
The following are three methods for reheat dumplings.
How To Reheat Dumplings: Best 3 Methods
Boil your desired amount of water in a pot and place the pot on high heat until it begins to boil. Once boiling, lower the flame and add in your desired amount of food.
After cooking for 5 minutes, remove the dumplings from the water and let them drain.
Place the dumplings in a bowl, cover them with a lid, and allow them to sit for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this step as needed.
Fill a pot with water and bring it to an intense boil. Once at a strong boil, place your desired amount of food and cook until all of them are cooked through (about 4-5 minutes).
After that, place the cooked dumplings in a strainer, cover them with a lid, and allow them to finish steaming for another 1-2 minutes before removing the strainer and serving.
Place the dumplings on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes at 180 degree Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
After cooking, remove from the plate and place back in a bowl, cover with a lid, and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes before eating.
Tips For Reheating Dumplings
- Use hot water when boiling your dumplings. If you use cold water, it will take longer for your dumplings to cook as they will not heat up fast enough. On the other hand, if you use very hot water, it may boil over and cause your pot to crack.
- For easier serving, it is best to make your dumplings a day before you plan on eating them. This will allow them to reheat faster and can possibly prevent the need for reheating.
- Use a wooden spoon or an aluminum spoon to remove the dumplings from their pot and strainer. Using plastic spoons can scratch the bottom of your pot, preventing you from being able to reuse it for another type of food.
- Don’t overcook your dumplings, this can cause them to become rubbery and also cause your pot to crack if it’s not hot enough. You can also place it on a low flame, this will help them cook better.
- Avoid microwaving your dumplings for too long. Keep it short, 2 minutes max for most types of dumplings. This will help keep the flavor of your food intact and prevent overcooking.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are Leftover Dumplings Good?
Yes, leftover dumplings are still good to eat. Stored properly in an air-tight container or sealed plastic bag, they can remain good for up to five to seven days. You can also freeze leftover dumplings if you plan on freezing them instead of re-heating them.
Is It OK To Microwave Dumplings?
It is not recommended to microwave dumplings that have been sitting for a long time. It is best to cook your dumplings the day before and eat them the next day for the best results when microwaving.
Is It Safe To Eat Dumplings Cold?
Yes, you can safely eat your cooked and cold dumplings. You can also refrigerate your cooked boiled dumpling after boiling it. Make sure to cook it thoroughly before putting it in the fridge.
How Long Can You Eat Leftover Dumplings?
Depending on the type of dumpling, you can enjoy your leftover dumplings for up to a week. The most important thing to remember is to store them safely and keep them in an air-tight container or sealed plastic bag. You can also freeze the dumplings if you are unsure if you will be able to finish them all in the allotted time.
When preparing your favorite dumplings, it is important not to overcook them as that can cause the flavor of your food to change, especially if it is steamed or boiled.
It is best to have a plan before cooking, this will help you get the most out of your dumplings and make it easier to reheat them. These are three different methods for reheating your food and they all have their advantages and disadvantages.
You can choose which one works best for you. It is also important to remember that these are just guidelines so use your own judgment as needed when carrying out each method. Enjoy!