You may be wondering why we’re talking about a supermarket brand publix banana pudding recipe when you can find variations at the grocery store, freezer section, and even in your own kitchen.
But there’s something about Publix Banana Pudding recipe that is just so good. It is so good, and it can make your day. If you are a banana pudding fan, then you need to have this recipe on hand.
If you have never tried the Publix Banana Pudding recipe, then you are missing out! Publix Banana Pudding Recipe is a bit different from the regular supermarket banana pudding.
- 1 Publix Banana Pudding Recipe
- 2 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 3 How Should I Serve Banana Pudding?
- 4 What Toppings Goes With The Banana Pudding?
- 5 Are Banana Pudding Good For You?
- 6 Are Banana Pudding Kids Friendly?
- 7 Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
- 8 Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
- 9 Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
- 10 How To Make Banana Pudding Better?
- 11 How Long Will The Banana Pudding Last In The Freezer?
- 12 The Bottom Line
Publix Banana Pudding Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 banana pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten 2 (10″) crustless graham crackers, finely crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 bananas, sliced lengthwise into 4 sections, and then each section cut in half crosswise
- Mix the milk, flour, brown sugar, and crushed pineapple until smooth in a medium or large bowl. Add the vanilla and set it aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, beat the egg. Set aside.
- Place the butter and sugar in a 12-inch skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Stirring often to avoid scorching the butter.
- Simmer until the butter and sugar are melted and turn brown (about 4-5 minutes).
- Turn the banana mixture into a large bowl, pour in the egg, and stir to combine. Pour on top of graham crackers.
- Arrange bananas on top of the pudding, dividing evenly among 4 bowls or cups.
- Spoon hot caramelized banana mixture over each portion or divide equally among individual serving bowls.
- Serve warm with whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Total Fat||32 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||6.5 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
How Should I Serve Banana Pudding?
You can serve the banana pudding with whipped cream, ice cream, or a simple slice of cake. Add fresh fruits like strawberries to make the banana pudding more colorful and flavorful.
You can also sprinkle some shaved chocolate or grated chocolate on top of your banana pudding to make it even more appealing.
This delicious dessert is also a good candidate for lunch or after-school snacks. It can be served warm with vanilla ice cream or cold with sliced fruit.
What Toppings Goes With The Banana Pudding?
Toppings go well with banana pudding. You can use whipped cream or ice cream to make it more attractive and appealing. You can use refrigerated pie crust or pastry sheets to make your banana pudding look more appealing.
Banana Pudding is a good snack for kids, especially if served on a plate with slices of fruit and ice cream scooped. If you’ve got kids that love bananas, this is their recipe!
Are Banana Pudding Good For You?
Banana Pudding is a great source of potassium and contains no fat, cholesterol or sodium. It is also low in calories, making it a healthy dessert choice for people who are trying to eat healthier.
In fact, Publix Banana Pudding recipes are good for you because it contains low in calories and fat content. It is also good for diabetics as it does not contain any cholesterol but only 6 grams of carbohydrates.
Are Banana Pudding Kids Friendly?
Publix Banana Pudding can be served in a fun and playful ways. You can serve the banana pudding with different types of fresh fruits, especially the ones that are in season. So yes, banana pudding kids friendly indeed!
Is It Suitable For Pregnant Women?
Banana Pudding is suitable for pregnant women. However, it is best to avoid alcohol during pregnancy. That said, you can have a glass of wine or champagne as long as it is taken in moderation, making it safer for you and your baby.
Is It Suitable For Diabetic Patients?
Banana Pudding, which contains no fat or cholesterol and is low on salt, is good for diabetic patients because they can still enjoy sweet treats without risking their health. In fact, it is safe to say that the banana pudding recipe is a good dessert choice for diabetic patients since it contains no fat.
Banana Pudding may not be suitable for diabetic people who are on a low-carb diet due to its high sugar content.
Publix Banana Pudding Recipe can be a good dessert choice for diabetics as long as their health care provider properly monitors them.
Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
Banana Pudding can be the perfect dessert for family get-togethers, especially if you are planning to throw an outdoor barbecue party. You can serve it hot or cold depending on the weather and climate of your place.
Banana Pudding also goes well with cooked food like grilled chicken or steak.
Banana Pudding can be served with milk or cream, making it a good dessert choice for kids and adults alike.
You can even make individual servings of the banana pudding by using little dixie cups. You can also use a decorative paper muffin liner to make it more attractive and appealing to your guests.
How To Make Banana Pudding Better?
Adding vanilla essence or other spices can make the banana pudding taste great. You can also add different types of fresh fruits, different types of whipped cream, or ice cream to make it more appetizing and appealing to your guests.
You can also use prepared pie crust or pastry sheets instead of making an individual banana pudding.
How Long Will The Banana Pudding Last In The Freezer?
Banana Pudding will last in the freezer for at least a month without any loss of quality or taste. The banana pudding recipe can be divided into individual servings before freezing.
To freeze, place an individual serving of the banana pudding in a storage container, making sure that it is fully covered but not sealed completely for it to expand a little.
Once frozen, you can seal it first with an airtight lid. You can use dry ice or aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn and prolong the shelf life of your delicious banana pudding recipes.
The Bottom Line
Banana Pudding is one of the top-selling desserts in all Publix supermarkets. In fact, it’s been one of their best-selling desserts for years. Most customers love this dessert because it’s a sweet treat that can be eaten anytime, especially when they are on the go!
When it comes to serving banana pudding, you have a variety of serving options that range from serving in individual cups to making your own graham crackers. Both ways will give you the same exposure and attention you deserve.