Welcome to our blog! Today, we are sharing a delicious recipe for a classic dish that has been enjoyed by American presidents for generations – President’s Chicken.
This dish is a flavorful and hearty meal that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Its succulent roasted chicken and savory sauce are perfect for a special dinner or family gathering.
Whether a history buff or a food lover, you will surely enjoy this tasty recipe. So, let’s get cooking!
Presidents Chicken Recipe
- 1 whole chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels. Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it is golden brown on all sides, about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until the onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, thyme, and rosemary to the skillet and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Place the chicken back into the skillet and spoon some of the sauce over the top of it. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Roast the chicken for 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve the chicken with the pan sauce spooned over the top. Enjoy!