Welcome to our blog! In this post, we will be sharing with you a recipe for a delicious and unique twist on a classic apple pie: Popcorn Sutton’s Apple Pie Moonshine.
This recipe comes straight from the legendary Popcorn Sutton, a beloved moonshine figure known for his exceptional distilling skills and charming personality.
If you’re a fan of apple pie and moonshine, you’re in for a treat with this recipe. Not only does it capture the warm, comforting flavors of apple pie, but it also packs a punch with its high alcohol content.
So grab your mason jars, and let’s get started on this tasty and boozy treat!
Popcorn Sutton Apple Pie Moonshine Recipe
- 1-gallon apple cider
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup moonshine (100-proof)
- In a large pot, combine the apple cider, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- While the apple cider mixture is simmering, combine the cornmeal and 1 cup of water in a separate pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cornmeal mixture is finished cooking, add it to the apple cider mixture and continue to simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the moonshine.
- Pour the moonshine into mason jars or other airtight containers using a funnel.
- Enjoy your Popcorn Sutton Apple Pie Moonshine chilled or over ice. Cheers!
Note: This recipe makes about 1 gallon of Popcorn Sutton Apple Pie Moonshine. Please drink responsibly and always follow the laws in your area regarding producing and consuming homemade alcohol.