Welcome to our blog! Today, we are sharing a delicious and easy recipe for phuluri, a spicy Indian snack made with chickpea flour and a blend of aromatic spices.
Phuluri is crispy and flavorful, making them the perfect snack to enjoy on their own or with a side of chutney or yogurt for dipping.
This recipe is quick and straightforward to follow, so you’ll be able to whip up a batch of phuluri in no time.
Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite. So let’s get started!
Here is a recipe for phuluri, a spicy Indian snack made with chickpea flour and spices:
- 1 cup chickpea flour (also called gram flour or besan)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chickpea flour, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the water to the dry mixture and stir until it forms a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, spoon tablespoons of the batter into the pan, making sure to leave enough space between each phuluri for flipping.
- Cook the phuluri for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the phuluri from the pan and place them on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!
You can serve the phuluri with a side of chutney or yogurt for dipping.