Pho Ap Chao is a popular Vietnamese street food that combines the distinct flavors of pho, a traditional Vietnamese noodle soup, with stir-fried flat rice noodles.
This Pho Ap Chao Recipe offers a unique and delicious twist on the traditional pho, with the addition of crispy and savory stir-fried noodles.
Pho Ap Chao Recipe
- Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
Ingredients For Pho Ap Chao Recipe
To make Pho Ap Chao Recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces of flat rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of beef, chicken, or tofu, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Fresh herbs (such as Thai basil, cilantro, or mint) for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
Preparing The Ingredients
Before you begin cooking, it’s essential to prepare the ingredients for Pho Ap Chao Recipe:
- Soak the flat rice noodles in warm water for about 30 minutes or until they become soft and pliable.
- Thinly slice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop the green onions.
- Prepare your choice of protein (beef, chicken, or tofu) by thinly slicing it.
Making The Pho Ap Chao Sauce
The sauce is a crucial component of Pho Ap Chao as it adds depth and flavor to the dish. Here’s how you can make the sauce:
In a small bowl, mix together the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Stir the ingredients until well combined, and set the sauce aside for later use.
Cooking The Rice Noodles
Cooking rice noodles is the next step in creating Pho Ap Chao. Follow these instructions to cook the noodles perfectly:
- Drain the soaked rice noodles and set them aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the rice noodles to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are tender but still slightly firm.
- Drain the noodles and rinse them under cold water to stop cooking.
- Toss the noodles with a tablespoon of vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
Stir-Frying The Ingredients
Now that all the ingredients are prepared, it’s time to stir-fry and assemble the Pho Ap Chao:
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the sliced onions to the heated oil and stir-fry for about 2 minutes until they become translucent and slightly caramelized.
- Next, add the minced garlic to the skillet and stir-fry for an additional minute until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high and add the sliced beef, chicken, or tofu to the skillet. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until the protein is cooked and slightly browned.
- Push the ingredients to one side of the skillet and add the soaked rice noodles to the empty space. Allow the noodles to heat through for a minute or two, then mix them with the other ingredients.
- Pour the prepared Pho Ap Chao sauce over the noodles and stir-fry everything together for an additional 2 minutes, ensuring that the sauce coats the noodles and ingredients evenly.
- Add the bean sprouts and chopped green onions to the skillet and stir-fry for another minute until they are slightly wilted but still retain some crunch.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
Assembling And Serving Pho Ap Chao
Now that your Pho Ap Chao is ready, it’s time to assemble and serve it:
- Transfer the Pho Ap Chao to serving plates or bowls.
- Garnish with fresh herbs such as Thai basil, cilantro, or mint to add a burst of fresh flavor.
- Serve the Pho Ap Chao hot with lime wedges on the side for an extra tangy kick.
- Your delicious Pho Ap Chao is now ready to be enjoyed!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
- Calories: 420
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 950mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 62g
- Dietary Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 22g
Please take note that depending on the precise components and brands used, these nutritional values may not be exact.
Tips And Variations For Pho Ap Chao Recipe
- For added flavor, you can marinate the protein (beef, chicken, or tofu) in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger before stir-frying it.
- For additional texture and nutrients, feel free to add other vegetables like sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, or carrots to your Pho Ap Chao.
- If you prefer a spicier version, you can include some chili peppers or Sriracha sauce to the stir-fry or serve it as a condiment on the side.
- Experiment with different protein options or even combine them. For instance, you can create a flavorful combination of beef and shrimp in your Pho Ap Chao.
Pho Ap Chao is a delightful Vietnamese dish that combines the comforting flavors of pho with the satisfying texture of stir-fried flat rice noodles. With its aromatic sauce, tender protein, and a medley of fresh ingredients, this dish is sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Pho Ap Chao is an essential recipe that combines the best of both worlds, whether you enjoy Vietnamese food or are just trying to sample new flavors.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather the ingredients, and embark on a culinary adventure to create your very own Pho Ap Chao. Get ready to savor the harmonious blend of flavors and experience the joy of Vietnamese street food right in your own kitchen!
- Pho Ap Chao Recipe: Vietnamese Street Food Delight - May 26, 2023
- Cheesecake Factory Chicken Marsala Recipe - May 25, 2023
- First Watch Purple Haze Recipe - May 25, 2023