Perada Recipe is a dish originating from Spain’s Canary Islands. In other regions such as the Philippines, Mexico, and Colombia, it is called Guava Cheese.
It is a kind of cheese that is very popular at parties and celebrations. It has a softer texture compared to other cheeses such as queso blanco invented in Spain.
In the Philippines, this dish is usually prepared for Christmas Eve during the rosary or just before the party starts.
What Is Perada Recipe Or Guava Cheese?
Guava cheese is a type of cheese that was invented in Colombia. It is a firm kind of cheese that has a sweet taste. The name perada came from the Spanish word “pera,” which means pear.
This is because when the cheese is cut into slices, it resembles the shape of pears (Figure 1). Perada Recipe or Guava Cheese originated from Spain’s Canary Islands.
Perada Recipe: The Best Guava Cheese
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 16
- 4 cups guava pulp
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 level tsp lime juice(optional)
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Make sure to wash the guavas thoroughly. Peeling the guavas is optional, but if you decide to peel them, make sure that you do so with a knife.
- Put the pulp into a strainer and press it with a spoon in order to get rid of some of the liquid contained within.
- Add sugar and lime juice.
- Stir well occasionally until it becomes cheese-like consistency which may take about 30 minutes depending on your guava quality.
- Transfer to a bowl or molds, and let it cool before refrigerating for 2 hours.
- If you wish to add butter for better taste, mix them all together just before serving.
- The cheese is ready for serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
How Do You Eat Guava Cheese?
You can eat guava cheese cold or hot. It is usually served during parties, especially during the Christmas season. This cheese can also be mixed with other cheeses such as cheddar cheese and Queso Blanco.
Guava cheese tastes good when eaten with crackers, toasts, rice cakes, or whatever your palate may taste that day.
Is Guava Cheese Good For You?
Guava cheese is low in cholesterol and high in Vitamin C. This makes it good for people with heart diseases because it has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Guava cheese can also lower the chances of developing cancer and, since it is low in sugar content, reduces the risk of contracting diabetes.
Perada is one of the best ways to eat this fruit. The flavors have blended well together, making you get more than your money’s worth. A lot of people love this because you also get to enjoy the flavor of cheese with guavas as an extra bonus.
Are Guava Cheese Kids Friendly?
Guava cheese is kids-friendly. Children usually love guavas, so they would always enjoy eating this fruit. They will also love the fact that they will get to eat cheese as well.
This is one of the best ways that they can enjoy eating this fruit. This dish is both healthy and flavorful, making it an ideal snack for children.
Health Benefits Of Guava Cheese
Guava cheese has a lot of health benefits. This is because it is low in fat, high in protein, and also high in calcium. If you have a loved one who is diabetic, you can give them some cheese as well.
If this person does not have guavas or cannot eat guavas because of the seeds located within the fruit, you could always give them Perada Cheese as a substitute to get the same benefit from it.
The Bottom Line
This is a great way of enjoying your favorite fruits without taking any risks when eating them. Perada Cheese will not only taste good but also offers health benefits that you could benefit from immediately after eating it.
These benefits are really worth the liver-healthy properties that this food offers. Try this cheese recipe, and you will see that it is a very healthy and delicious treat to have.
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023