In the charming streets of Paris, where romance and culinary excellence intertwine, one can find a delightful assortment of classic French dishes.
Among these delectable creations, the Paris Bistro Cooking Carrot Cake recipe stands out as a true gem. The refinement of French cuisine and the straightforwardness of carrot cake are combined in this culinary masterpiece.
We’ll look at how to make this delectable delicacy at home in this article, bringing a little bit of Paris into your kitchen.
Paris Bistro Cooking Carrot Cake Recipe
- Recipe Time: Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes (including preparation and baking time).
- Course: Dessert.
- Cuisine: French.
- Yield: The recipe yields one 9-inch round carrot cake, which can typically be sliced into 12 servings.
- Calories per Serving: 350-400 calories, depending on variations and additions.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before you embark on your Paris Bistro Cooking adventure, gather the following ingredients:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- ½ cup of crushed pineapple (drained)
- ½ cup of chopped walnuts
- ½ cup of raisins (optional)
Preparing The Carrots
- Begin by peeling and grating the carrots. You’ll need about 2 cups of finely grated carrots for the recipe.
- Drain any excess moisture from the grated carrots using a clean kitchen towel or paper towel.
Creating The Cake Batter
Now, let’s move on to preparing the cake batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add the vegetable oil. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Gently fold in the grated carrots, crushed pineapple, chopped walnuts, and raisins (if using).
Baking The Carrot Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the two pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Making The Cream Cheese Frosting
The creamy frosting is a crucial element of this Parisian delight:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of softened cream cheese and ½ cup of unsalted butter. Beat until creamy.
- Gradually add 4 cups of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Continue to beat until smooth and fluffy.
Assembling The Cake Layers
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, spread a layer of cream cheese frosting on top of one of the cake layers.
- Place the second cake layer on top and frost the top and sides of the entire cake.
Decorating Your Carrot Cake
Embrace your creativity when decorating your Paris Bistro Cooking Carrot Cake. You can use additional chopped walnuts, grated carrots, or even edible flowers to add a touch of elegance.
Serving And Enjoying
Now, your Paris-inspired carrot cake is ready to be served. Slice a generous piece and savor the harmonious blend of flavors.
Tips For Success
- Ensure your carrots are finely grated to achieve a moist texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter to prevent a dense cake.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting to prevent melting.
Variations And Additions
To give your carrot cake your own special Parisian spin, feel free to explore by including ingredients like shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or a tiny bit of lemon zest.
Indulge in the enchanting flavors of Paris with this Paris Bistro Cooking Carrot Cake Recipe. Whether you’re treating yourself or commemorating a special occasion, this delectable dessert will take your taste senses right to the center of Paris.