Are you looking for a traditional and authentic pizza recipe? Look no further than O’scugnizzo Pizza!
Originating in Naples, Italy, this Neapolitan-style pizza will transport your taste buds straight to the streets of Italy.
This pizza is made with simple and fresh ingredients and the perfect balance of tangy crushed tomatoes, gooey mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil.
In this blog post, we will be sharing a recipe for O’scugnizzo Pizza that is easy to follow and will have you whipping up a delicious pizza in no time.
Perfect for a family dinner or a casual gathering with friends, this pizza will be a crowd-pleaser. So, let’s get started and learn how to make the perfect O’scugnizzo Pizza.
O’scugnizzo Pizza Recipe
O’scugnizzo Pizza is a traditional Neapolitan-style pizza that originated in Naples, Italy. The dough is made with flour, water, yeast, and salt and is left to rise for a minimum of 24 hours.
The pizza is then topped with crushed tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil. Here is a recipe for O’scugnizzo Pizza:
- 1 lb of pizza dough
- 1 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) or as high as it will go.
- Stretch and shape the pizza dough to form a circle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the crushed tomatoes on top of the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese on top of the tomatoes.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.
- Place the pizza in the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Note: This recipe is for one pizza; you can adjust the ingredients accordingly for multiple pizzas.