The rich flavors of oolong tea are combined with the rich, creamy deliciousness of milk to create the wonderful and revitalizing beverage known as oolong milk tea.
This article will guide you through a step-by-step process of preparing your own Oolong milk tea recipe at home.
From selecting the right tea leaves to achieving the perfect balance of flavors, this recipe will help you create a delightful drink that will leave you craving more.
Oolong Milk Tea Recipe
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 2 servings.
To prepare a delicious oolong milk tea recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of loose-leaf oolong tea
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- Sweetener of your choice (such as honey or sugar)
- Ice cubes (if preparing a cold version)
To make the oolong milk tea recipe, gather the following equipment:
- Tea infuser or teapot
- Whisk or spoon for stirring
- Cups or glasses for serving
Step 1: Choosing The Right Oolong Tea
Selecting high-quality oolong tea is essential for a flavorful milk tea. Look for loose-leaf oolong tea from reputable brands or specialty tea shops. The tea should have a fresh aroma and well-formed leaves. Consider the level of oxidation and roast for the desired flavor profile.
Step 2: Preparing The Tea Leaves
Measure 2 tablespoons of loose-leaf oolong tea and place it in a tea infuser or teapot. If using a teapot, you can also use a strainer to filter the tea leaves later. Rinse the tea leaves with hot water to remove any impurities and awaken their flavors. Discard the rinse water.
Step 3: Brewing The Tea
In a pot, heat 2 cups of water until it reaches a temperature of around 185°F (85°C). After taking the water off the heat, wait a minute for it to cool. Tea leaves in a teapot or tea infuser should be covered with hot water. Depending on how strong you want your tea, let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 4: Adding Milk
After steeping the tea, heat 1 cup of milk in a separate saucepan until it is hot but not boiling. You can use dairy milk or substitute it with your preferred non-dairy milk, such as almond or oat milk. Avoid overheating the milk to prevent scorching or curdling.
Step 5: Sweetening The Tea
Once the milk is heated, add your preferred sweetener to the oolong tea. Stir well to dissolve the sweetener and blend the flavors. Adjust the amount of sweetener according to your taste. Popular choices include honey, sugar, or other natural sweeteners.
Step 6: Mixing And Serving
Now it’s time to bring all the elements together. Pour the hot milk into the brewed oolong tea, using a strainer if needed to catch any tea leaves. Stir gently to combine the flavors and create a creamy texture. If you prefer a cold version, let the tea cool and refrigerate it before adding ice cubes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
The following nutrition facts are approximate values and can vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used:
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 3g
Variations And Enhancements
- Matcha Oolong Milk Tea: Add a teaspoon of matcha powder to the tea leaves for a vibrant green color and a hint of matcha flavor.
- Fruit Infusions: Experiment with adding fruit syrups or fresh fruit slices to the milk tea for added sweetness and fruity notes.
- Bubble Tea: For a fun twist, add tapioca pearls or boba to your oolong milk tea recipe, creating a delicious and chewy treat.
Tips And Tricks
- Experiment with different oolong tea varieties to find your preferred flavor profile.
- Adjust the steeping time to control the strength of the tea.
- Use a whisk to froth the milk for a creamier texture.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg for a warm and comforting aroma.
- Serve the tea in transparent cups to showcase its beautiful color.
The earthy and flowery flavors of oolong tea are combined with the smoothness of milk to create the wonderful beverage known as oolong milk tea recipe.
You may make your own revitalizing cup of oolong milk tea in the convenience of your own home by following this recipe.