If you’re a fan of classic Italian-American cuisine, you’ll undoubtedly appreciate the timeless appeal of Old Spaghetti Factory’s meat sauce.
This rich and flavorful sauce has been a staple on their menu for generations. Fortunately, you don’t have to visit the restaurant to enjoy this delectable treat.
In this blog post, we’ll take you through the steps to recreate the Old Spaghetti Factory meat sauce recipe in the comfort of your own kitchen. Get ready to elevate your pasta game to a whole new level!
Old Spaghetti Factory Meat Sauce Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian-American
- Yield: Approximately 6 servings
- Calories (Per Serving): 350 calories
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Brown The Meat:
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain excess fat if necessary.
Saute Onions And Garlic:
- Add chopped onions and minced garlic to the pot and sauté until they become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
Add Tomato Products:
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
Season And Simmer:
- Add sugar, salt, dried basil, dried oregano, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. This allows the flavors to meld and the sauce to thicken.
Finish And Serve:
- Just before serving, stir in the grated Parmesan cheese. This adds a rich and cheesy depth to the sauce.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
- Garnish your plate with extra grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves for a burst of color and flavor.
- Pair the meat sauce with garlic bread or a simple salad for a complete Italian meal.
Tips For The Perfect Recipe:
- Simmer Slowly: The key to a rich and flavorful meat sauce is to let it simmer low and slow. This allows the flavors to meld and intensify.
- Adjust Heat: The crushed red pepper flakes add a hint of spiciness. Adjust the amount to suit your taste buds.
- Quality Ingredients: Choose high-quality canned tomatoes and Parmesan cheese for the best results.
With this Old Spaghetti Factory meat sauce recipe, you can bring the taste of your favorite Italian restaurant right into your home. Enjoy the savory, comforting flavors of this classic sauce with your loved ones.