Welcome to our blog! Today, we’re excited to share a delicious and traditional Nigerian recipe with you: Plantain Moi Moi.
If you’ve never had Moi Moi before, you’re in for a treat! This savory steamed pudding is made with mashed plantains and spices, and it’s a popular dish in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa.
Moi Moi is often served as a side dish or snack, and it’s a great vegan and gluten-free option. We’ll be sharing step-by-step instructions on how to make this tasty recipe at home, so keep reading to learn more!
Nigerian Plantain Moi Moi Recipe
- 2 cups mashed plantains
- 1 cup ground peanuts or peanut butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed plantains, ground peanuts or peanut butter, onion, garlic, habanero pepper (if used), vegetable oil, tomato paste, water, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan or individual ramekins.
- Cover the pan or ramekins tightly with foil and place them in a large baking dish. Add enough hot water to the baking dish to come halfway up the sides of the pan or ramekins.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the Moi Moi is set and firm to the touch.
- Serve the Moi Moi warm as a side dish or snack. Enjoy!
- You can add other vegetables to the Moi Moi mixture, such as bell peppers, carrots, or sweet potatoes.
- Try adding some cooked beans or tofu to the mix for a protein boost.
- If you want to add extra flavor, you can also try stirring herbs or spices, such as cumin, coriander, or parsley.
Latest posts by Naznin Aktar (see all)
- Crispitos Recipe: A Tasty Snack For Any Occasion - June 9, 2023
- Baked Talaba Recipe: A Delightful Seafood Dish - June 8, 2023
- Pan Sobao Recipe: A Delicious Puerto Rican Sweet Bread - June 8, 2023