Are you a fan of juicy, tender, and flavorful chicken? If so, you’re in for a treat! In this article, we’ll dive into the world of Nelson’s Port A Pit Chicken recipe.
This mouthwatering recipe has gained a reputation for its delectable flavors and has become a favorite among chicken enthusiasts.
Take your apron and get ready for a culinary journey that will leave your taste senses begging for more.
Nelson’s Port A Pit Chicken Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Marinating Time: 4 hours or overnight
- Grilling Time: 40-50 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 4 servings.
To recreate Nelson’s Port A Pit Chicken recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 pounds of chicken (preferably chicken quarters or bone-in pieces)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of salt
Marinating The Chicken
Marinating the chicken is a crucial step in infusing it with incredible flavors. Follow these steps to marinate the chicken:
- In a sizable mixing bowl, combine the vegetable oil, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, paprika, onion, black pepper, and salt.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the brown sugar has dissolved, and the marinade is well mixed.
- Place the chicken pieces in a resealable plastic bag or a shallow dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, ensuring each piece is evenly coated.
- Seal the bag or cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight for optimal flavor absorption.
Preparing The Grill
Preparing the grill is an essential step in achieving perfectly grilled chicken. Here’s how to get your grill ready:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean the grill grates thoroughly to prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
- Oil the grates using a brush or a folded paper towel dipped in vegetable oil.
- Close the lid and let the grill heat up for about 10 minutes.
Grilling The Chicken
Now it’s time to cook the marinated chicken on the grill. Follow these steps for delicious results:
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Place the chicken on the preheated grill, skin side down.
- Close the lid and let the chicken cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- After the initial cooking time, flip the chicken pieces and continue grilling for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Keep a close eye on the chicken to prevent burning, adjusting the heat if necessary.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Nelson’s Port A Pit Chicken is incredibly versatile and pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are a few serving suggestions to enhance your culinary experience:
- Serve the grilled chicken with a fresh green salad and roasted vegetables for a healthy and well-rounded meal.
- Pair it with coleslaw, cornbread, and baked beans for a classic Southern barbecue feast.
- For a tropical twist, serve the chicken with a side of grilled pineapple slices and coconut rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Please note that the following nutrition facts are approximate and can vary based on the specific ingredients used and the portion sizes:
- Calories: 400
- Total Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 1500mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 38g
Tips For Perfectly Grilled Chicken
To ensure your chicken turns out perfectly grilled every time, keep these tips in mind:
- Pat the chicken dry before marinating to enhance the absorption of flavors.
- Allow the chicken to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes before grilling for even cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and avoid undercooking or overcooking the chicken.
- Baste the chicken with any remaining marinade while grilling to add an extra layer of flavor.
- Let the chicken rest after grilling to allow the juices to redistribute and ensure maximum tenderness.
Nelson’s Port A Pit Chicken recipe is a culinary gem that brings together incredible flavors and grilling expertise. Marinating the chicken in a tantalizing blend of spices and using the right grilling technique create a mouthwatering dish that will impress your family and friends.
So start the grill, follow the instructions in this article, and enjoy a tasty, juicy chicken like never before.