If you’re looking for a spicy, non-traditional way to spice up your life, we’ve got just the recipe.
Our Mild Sauce Recipe Chicago is perfect for all of your milder recipes that need a kick in the pants. Heck, even if you don’t like spicy foods, this recipe will still be a home run.
It’s a light sauce, but it’s also full of flavor. Oh, and don’t forget that while this is a mild recipe, it still has a little kick to it!
Mild Sauce Recipe Chicago
Prepare Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- Tomato sauce – 3/4 cup (6 fl oz.)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- White vinegar – 3 tablespoons
- Corn syrup – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Onion powder – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Hot pepper sauce (optional)
Step By Step Instructions
This Chicago Mild Sauce will take you about 20 minutes to make.
1. Heat the tomato sauce in a medium bowl and add the water, vinegar, corn syrup, honey, lemon juice, and onion powder. Mix well together and set aside for about 15 minutes.
2. Scrape the mixture into a blender with a little water and blend until smooth. Pour back into the saucepan over medium heat and frequently stir until it comes back up to temperature, about 5 minutes. Stir in salt, pepper (if you like it spicy), and hot pepper sauce (if you like it spicy), and serve!
3. Serve with grilled chicken, lean beef, or pork. This mild recipe can be used in so many ways! Try it in soups, sauces, salads, and more.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving Mild Sauce:
- Calories – 45
- Calories from Fat – 15
- Total Fat – 1 g
- Saturated Fat – 0.25 g
- Cholesterol – 2 mg
- Sodium – 500 mg
- Potassium – 70 mg
- Total Carbohydrate – 8 g
- Dietary Fiber – 1.5 g
- Sugars – 7 g
What Does Chicago Mild Sauce Taste Like?
Our Mild Sauce Recipe Chicago is the way to go if you’re looking for a sauce with a little kick but still packed with tons of flavor.
If you’re afraid that this mild food will be bland and boring, let us assure you that it’s not! Our recipe has the perfect amount of spice without overpowering the taste of your favorite foods.
How Should I Serve Chicago Mild Sauce?
This mild recipe will fit perfectly into just about any mealtime. It’s relatively low in calories and incredibly flavorful.
This sauce is great on sandwiches, with grilled chicken, and makes an excellent dipping sauce for french fries too!
It even works as a delicious marinade for salmon if you want something a little out of the ordinary. This mild recipe is sure to please!
Are Chicago Mild Sauce Good for You?
This recipe is packed with flavor, but don’t worry. It doesn’t come at the cost of good nutrition.
This mild sauce has just the right calories to keep you satisfied and ensure you can fit in all your favorite foods. We think it tastes great, and we know that you will too!
Will Chicago Mild Sauce Increase Your Appetite?
No one is saying you have to eat up every last drop of this mild recipe, but it is a great addition to any meal.
The perfect amount of spice will make your favorite foods taste even better and keep you coming back for more. Don’t be afraid to try this mild recipe that packs such a punch!
Can Chicago Mild Sauce Be Frozen?
We highly recommend freezing if you’re looking for a versatile sauce that can be used in so many different ways!
This mild sauce works well in just about any dish imaginable, making it the perfect freezer recipe!
Not only will it work in regular recipes, but it also freezes well on its own if you want to add some heat to an ordinary meal.
How To Reheat Chicago Mild Sauce?
Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat until about 5 minutes. Strongly recommend microwaving at HIGH for 30 seconds or until warm and liquidy.
The mild sauce is a delicious and versatile addition to any meal that needs a little kick. This mild recipe will add flavor without overpowering your favorite foods.
The perfect balance of sweetness and spice will make your taste buds dance. Don’t be afraid to try this Chicago Mild Sauce Recipe!
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023