Mazza Salad is a popular Middle Eastern dish that is served as an appetizer or a main vegetarian dish. This salad is touted as the most popular of all Middle Eastern salads and has many variations.
This salad is eaten at any time of the year and is often served with a variety of dips and sauces, such as hummus, tzatziki sauce, tabouli sauce, or even olive oil. This salad is easy to make and can be made quickly in a few minutes.
Mazza Salad is high in protein and low in fat. It also carries numerous health benefits due to the combination of ingredients used. It can be prepared easily by using store-bought or homemade ingredients.
Mazza Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Recipe Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 2 tomatoes chopped into cubes
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds that were roasted in coconut oil or olive oil (optional)
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice or vinegar
- Salt and black pepper to taste (optional).
Step By Step Instructions:
Step-1: Soak chickpeas overnight.
Step-2: Wash and drain cucumber.
Step-3: Combine cucumber, sunflower seeds, parsley, quinoa, tomato, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into a large bowl. Add the soaked chickpeas on top and mix well.
Step-4: Add salt and pepper to taste and mix again. Serve as an appetizer or a main dish at room temperature or chilled.
What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Mazza Salad?
A common dressing for Mazza Salad is an olive oil and lemon dressing. Coconut oil adds to the healthy factor in Mazza Salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
How Do You Eat Mazza Salad?
Mazza Salad is usually served as an appetizer or a main course at room temperature. It is also good when chilled and eaten with crackers (breadsticks) as a starter dish. It’s also very good when served with grilled fish or chicken.
Best 7 Serving Ideas For Mazza Salad
To make it a complete meal, serve it with grilled chicken or fish for a healthful meal. Mazza Salad also goes well when served with oven-baked pita bread or crudites (vegetables and hummus) on the side to dip into the salad.
Best 7 Serving Ideas For Mazza Salad:
1. Serve With Grilled Chicken Or Fish
This is a healthful way of eating Mazza Salad as it is served with grilled chicken or fish.
2. Serve With Oven-Baked Pita Bread
To make this a snack or a light meal, serve Mazza Salad with toasted pita bread. For an appetizer, serve it with crudites and hummus dip on the side.
3. Serve With Crackers (Breadsticks)
Serve Mazza Salad as a light starter course by serving it with crackers (breadsticks) and hummus dip along with veggies for a complete meal.
4. Serve It As An Appetizer
Serve Mazza Salad as an appetizer course either at room temperature or chilled for your guests to enjoy before the meal starts during parties and get-togethers.
5. Serve With Quinoa Crackers
To make this a complete meal, serve Mazza Salad with quinoa crackers. This nutritiously-rich snack will be the best picnic meal of the day.
6. Serve As A Main Course
Add grilled chicken or fish to this salad to make it a complete meal and serve it as a main course at room temperature or chilled. Serve with roasted vegetables like carrot, cauliflower, and cabbage salad on the side for a complete healthy meal.
Is Mazza Salad Good For You?
This healthy salad recipe is good for you because it contains vitamins and minerals. It can be served as a light snack or at mealtime.
Can You Lose Weight Eating Mazza Salad?
This salad recipe is good for weight management because it contains vitamins, minerals, and fiber. It has more than 300 grams of protein per serving, making it a very nutritious meal.
Are Mazza Salad Kids Friendly?
Mazza Salad goes well with grilled chicken or fish. It can be served as a light meal at any time of the day as an appetizer or a main course for kids and adults alike.
How To Make Mazza Salad Healthy?
To make this salad healthy, you can use a variety of fresh vegetables and olive oil as the main dressing. Also, you can add sunflower or other seeds to make this salad more nutritious.
You can also add quinoa crackers or breadsticks (crackers made with whole-grain flour) to the salad for a complete meal.
How To Make Mazza Salad Better?
Here are some tips on how to make this recipe Better:
1. Add oil and lemon juice: Olive oil is always better, but this salad recipe can be made more interesting by adding lemon juice to that as well. Lemon juice makes the food more palatable and healthy.
2. Add sunflower seeds: When making this salad, you can add seeds like sunflower and sesame to it to make it healthier.
3. Serve with quinoa crackers: Make sure that you serve Mazza Salad with quinoa crackers (or a whole-grain breadstick) for a complete meal. With this snack, you can add veggies like carrot and other vegetables for a nutritious snack or side dish.
4. Add fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado are very good in this recipe as they add color and nutrition to this healthy salad recipe.
5. Add quinoa crackers variation: You can also add quinoa crackers (or breadsticks) for a complete meal.
Health Benefits Of Mazza Salad
The health benefits of Mazza Salad can be attributed to its high in vitamins A and C, fiber, protein, and minerals.
It is also low in sodium, making it a heart-friendly snack or meal. Mazza Salad is also very good for weight management and can help control cravings simultaneously.
The Bottom Line
Mazza Salad is a very healthy salad recipe that adds quinoa, sunflower seeds, and a variety of fresh vegetables. This healthy salad recipe is good for weight management and can help you control cravings.
You can add it as an appetizer or make it a main course for dinner. Whether served as a light meal or an appetizer, Mazza Salad is great for all occasions.
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023