Welcome to our latest blog post, where we will be sharing with you a delicious and easy-to-follow recipe for Matar Paneer Biryani.
This classic Indian dish combines tender paneer cheese and flavorful green peas with aromatic basmati rice, resulting in a satisfying and aromatic meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen beginner, this recipe will surely become a new favorite in your repertoire. So without further ado, let’s get started on making this delicious biryani!
Matar Paneer Biryani Recipe
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 cup paneer cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch ginger, minced
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1 cup water
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Rinse the rice in cold water until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the ghee or oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds and fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the onions and fry until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger, and green chili (if using) and fry for an additional minute.
- Add the green peas and paneer cheese to the pan and stir to combine.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, and salt to the pan and stir to coat the vegetables and paneer cheese.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pan. Stir to combine everything together.
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Simmer the biryani for 20-25 minutes or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot. Enjoy!