Ice cream lovers rejoice! In this article, we’re going to explore the delightful world of Marionberry ice cream. If you’re a fan of this juicy and flavorful berry, you’re in for a real treat.
We’ll guide you through the steps to create your very own homemade Marionberry ice cream recipe that will leave your taste buds dancing with joy.
Say goodbye to store-bought varieties, and let’s dive into the sweet adventure of making this creamy dessert at home.
Marionberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes (for Marionberry puree) + additional cooling and freezing time
- Total Time: Approximately 4-5 hours (including freezing time)
- Course: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: Approximately 6 servings
- Calories per Serving:
- Calories: Approximately 320 calories per serving (1/2 cup serving size)
Ingredients You’ll Need
To start on your journey to Marionberry ice cream recipe bliss, gather the following ingredients:
For The Marionberry Puree:
- 2 cups of fresh Marionberries
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
For The Ice Cream Base:
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 large egg yolks
Now, let’s dive into the process of making Marionberry ice cream recipe:
1. Prepare The Marionberry Puree
- Wash and rinse the Marionberries thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, combine the Marionberries, granulated sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the berries break down and the mixture thickens (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool completely.
2. Create The Ice Cream Base
- In a separate saucepan, heat the heavy cream and whole milk over medium heat until it begins to steam. Do not boil.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until it becomes pale and slightly thickened.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks while continuously whisking to avoid curdling.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the ice cream base cool for about 30 minutes.
3. Combine The Puree And Ice Cream Base
- Gently fold the Marionberry puree into the cooled ice cream base until well combined.
4. Churn And Freeze
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream into an airtight container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Serving And Enjoyment
Scoop out your homemade Marionberry ice cream into bowls or cones, and indulge in the irresistible flavors of this summer delight. Whether enjoyed on a sunny afternoon or as a delightful dessert after dinner, this Marionberry ice cream will surely impress your taste buds.
Creating Marionberry ice cream recipe at home is a delightful and rewarding experience. The combination of the sweet and tangy Marionberry puree with the creamy ice cream base is a match made in dessert heaven. Say goodbye to store-bought options and savor the unique flavor of this homemade treat.