Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert that is easy to make. If you are looking for a healthy but decadent dessert, this fudge cake could be what you’re looking for!
Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe is easy to follow and full of wonderful flavors. This recipe is exactly what you are looking for when you want a moist cake with all the right ingredients!
The benefits of this recipe include all that makes it a healthy dessert. It tastes amazing, has the added health benefits from healthy ingredients, and can be made gluten-free as well.
Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients For Cake:
- 1½ cups self-raising flour sifted (or use plain flour plus 2 tsp baking powder)
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
Ingredients Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease and line a 9 x 9-inch/23 x 23 cm in the rectangular cake tin.
For The Cake:
- Sift the flour, beaten eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla, and hot water and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into the cake tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cooling completely before slicing into squares to serve (I usually leave it overnight).
For The Chocolate Ganache:
- Heat the cream in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until it just reaches boiling point.
- Take off the heat and stir in the butter and chocolate until it’s smooth.
- Stir in vanilla. Pour over cooled cake and spread with a spatula to cover (maybe not completely)
Chocolate Sprinkles For Fudge Cake (Optional)
I like to sprinkle chocolate on top of my fudge cake for decoration, but if you don’t have any, no problem! Just make sure you don’t overdo it here, or else the cake will be too dark when you cut it!
You can either make your own chocolate sprinkles or use ones from a local store or supermarket.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 96
- Calories From Fat: 22
- Total Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Potassium: 59mg
- Carbohydrates: 22.4g
- Sugar: 21.1g
- Protein: 1.7g
What Does Linda’s Fudge Cake Taste Like?
Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe is a delicious dessert that will make you feel like you’re eating an actual cake, but it’s less sweet and healthier! It’s also really easy to make!
How Should I Serve Linda’s Fudge Cake?
This fudge cake is really delicious on its own, but I also like to serve it with a scoop of ice cream, a scoop of whipped cream, or even some fresh fruit or yogurt on top!
Are Linda’s Fudge Cake Good For You?
Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe is really good for you. It contains almost no flour and very few calories compared to most cakes made from flour. It’s also high in protein and healthy fats, which will make you feel fuller for longer!
Are These Linda’s Fudge Cake A Healthy Snack For Kids?
Yes! This recipe is a healthy dessert for kids, so you can use it as a special treat that only comes out on special occasions.
You could also try cutting it into finger-sized portions, so your kids and their friends can enjoy finger food while celebrating a birthday or any other occasion with their friends.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Make Gluten-Free Linda’s Fudge Cake?
Absolutely! Just make sure that you use gluten-free flour and gluten-free chocolate chips instead of normal chocolate chips.
Will Linda’s Fudge Cake Make You Feel Full?
No, because it contains very little flour. However, the other ingredients in this fudge cake will definitely make you feel full and satisfied for several hours.
Linda’s Fudge Cake Recipe is delicious and tastes just like a cake! Do I need to say more? 🙂
This fudge cake is an extremely easy and healthy dessert that is suitable for all ages. Give it a try, and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- Yard House Lobster Garlic Noodles Recipe - May 20, 2023
- Brenda Gantt Green Bean Casserole Recipe - May 19, 2023
- Alaska Roll Sushi Recipe: A Fusion Of Flavors - May 17, 2023