Are you looking for a soothing and aromatic beverage to relax your senses? Look no further than the lavender milk tea recipe.
This delectable mixture creates a soothing and revitalizing beverage that may be enjoyed anytime by fusing the subtle scents of lavender with the creamy sweetness of milk.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of making a lavender milk tea recipe step by step. So, let’s start and discover this enchanting beverage recipe.
Lavender Milk Tea Recipe
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 2 servings.
To make the lavender milk tea recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons loose-leaf black tea or your preferred tea
- 1 cup milk (dairy or plant-based)
- Sweetener of your choice (honey, sugar, or stevia)
To prepare the lavender milk tea recipe, you will require the following equipment:
- Tea infuser or strainer
- Teapot or cup
- Whisk or spoon for stirring
- Optional: Frother for foamy texture
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Preparing The Lavender Infusion
- Start by bringing 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Once the water reaches a boil, add 1 tablespoon of dried lavender buds to the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the lavender simmer for about 5 minutes to infuse its flavors into the water.
- After 5 minutes, remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the lavender buds using a tea infuser or strainer.
Step 2: Brewing The Tea
- Place 2 teaspoons of loose-leaf black tea or your preferred tea in a teapot or cup.
- Pour the lavender infusion over the tea leaves.
- Let the tea steep for 3-5 minutes, or follow the instructions specific to the tea you use.
- Remove the tea leaves by straining the tea into another teapot or cup.
Step 3: Adding Milk And Sweetener
- Once the tea is brewed, pour 1 cup of milk into the teapot or cup.
- Add your desired amount of sweetener, whether it’s honey, sugar, or stevia.
- Stir the mixture gently to incorporate the milk and sweetener into the tea.
- For a frothy texture, use a frother or whisk to create bubbles on the surface of the tea.
Step 4: Straining And Serving
- If you prefer a smoother texture, strain the tea one more time before serving. Pour the lavender milk tea into individual cups or teacups.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of dried lavender buds or a lavender sprig for an elegant touch.
- Serve the tea hot and enjoy the enchanting flavors of lavender combined with creamy milk.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
The approximate nutritional information shown below may change depending on the brands and products utilized.
- Calories: 70
- Total Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 50mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 10g
- Sugars: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin D: 1mcg
- Calcium: 100mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Potassium: 120mg
Tips For Variations
- Add a splash of vanilla extract for an extra layer of flavor.
- Experiment with different types of tea, such as green tea or herbal blends, to create unique variations.
- Substitute dairy milk with almond, coconut, or oat milk for a vegan-friendly option.
- For an indulgent twist, top your lavender milk tea with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of lavender buds.
Health Benefits Of Lavender Milk Tea
Lavender milk tea not only pleases the palate but also provides several health benefits. Lavender is known for its calming properties and may help reduce stress and anxiety.
Additionally, the antioxidants present in tea contribute to overall well-being. The combination of lavender and milk offers a soothing and comforting effect, making it an excellent choice for relaxation.
The lavender milk tea recipe is a delightful and aromatic beverage that offers a perfect blend of floral notes and creamy goodness. It’s soothing properties and unique flavor profile provide a calming experience for both the body and mind.
This recipe for lavender milk tea will leave you feeling energized and relaxed whether you have it alone or with others.