Lo Mein, a staple in Chinese cuisine, traditionally consists of egg noodles tossed with vegetables and a savory sauce.
Our Kosher Chicken Lo Mein recipe brings together these elements while adhering to kosher dietary guidelines.
It’s a testament to the versatility of Chinese cooking, proving that it can be adapted to suit various dietary preferences.
Kosher Chicken Lo Mein Recipe
- Recipe Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Yield: 4 servings
- Calories per Serving: Approximately 380 calories
Ingredients You’ll Need
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of preparing this delectable dish, let’s gather the ingredients:
- 8 oz kosher egg noodles
- 2 boneless, skinless kosher chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup kosher chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
Preparing The Chicken
- Begin by cutting the kosher chicken breasts into thin strips. Season them with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken strips and cook until they’re no longer pink in the center, typically around 3-4 minutes per side. Once done, set the chicken aside.
Cooking The Noodles
Cook the kosher egg noodles according to the package instructions until they’re al dente. Drain and set them aside.
Preparing The Sauce
Combine the kosher chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl. This tasty sauce will serve as the dish’s binding agent.
Cooking The Dish
- In the same skillet used for the chicken, heat another tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and snow peas. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Return the cooked chicken to the skillet and add the cooked kosher egg noodles.
- Pour the sauce over the ingredients in the skillet. Toss everything together to ensure that the noodles, chicken, and vegetables are well coated with the sauce. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to heat everything through.
Serving And Presentation
To serve, garnish your Kosher Chicken Lo Mein recipe with chopped fresh cilantro. The vibrant green adds a burst of color and freshness to the dish. Serve it hot, and watch as your guests savor every bite.
Tips And Variations
1. Vegetarian Option
For a vegetarian twist, omit the chicken and use tofu or your favorite plant-based protein instead. The flavors of the sauce and vegetables will still shine through.
2. Gluten-Free Variation
To make this dish gluten-free, substitute the kosher egg noodles with gluten-free rice noodles. Ensure that the soy sauce and hoisin sauce you use are also gluten-free certified.
Health Benefits Of Kosher Chicken Lo Mein
Kosher Chicken Lo Mein recipe offers a balanced meal with lean protein from the chicken, a variety of vegetables for vitamins and minerals, and the comfort of noodles. It’s a delicious way to enjoy a satisfying and nutritious meal.
In the world of kosher cuisine, the Kosher Chicken Lo Mein recipe stands out as a fusion of flavors that will delight your taste buds.
It is a dish that is both nourishing and delectable because to its savory sauce, delicate chicken, and vivid vegetables. This recipe is a must-try whether you’re following kosher dietary regulations or simply want to try something different.