This blog post includes a kiwi fruit crumble recipe, which is an easy and delicious dish. This crumble is full of flavor and has a crisp topping. This dish is also healthy, with a serving of fruit.
This recipe is quick and easy and can be served with ice cream or whipped topping. This dish is also very easy to make and uses common ingredients.
This kiwi fruit crumbles recipe is a good one for any dinner or dessert and is a favorite treat. This dessert has a serving of fruit with the kiwi fruit, which helps to give you your daily intake of vitamin C and E, as well as fiber.
Eating fruits like kiwi have many health benefits; they are full of antioxidants and fiber. In addition, they help clean out toxins from your body, which will keep it functioning properly and improve overall health.
- 1 Kiwi Fruit Crumble Recipe
- 2 How Do I Make My Crumble Topping Crisp?
- 3 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 4 How Should I Serve Kiwi Fruit Crumble?
- 5 Are Kiwi Fruit Crumble Good For You?
- 6 Can You Lose Weight Eating Kiwi Fruit Crumble?
- 7 Are Kiwi Fruit Crumble Kids Friendly?
- 8 Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
- 9 How To Make Kiwi Fruit Crumble More Healthy?
- 10 How Long Will The Kiwi Fruit Crumble Last In The Freezer?
- 11 The Bottom Line
Kiwi Fruit Crumble Recipe
Prepare Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
For the crumble, you will need:
- 1/2 cup [crushed] quick oats
- 1/4 cup [finely chopped] walnuts
For the filling, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons [melted] butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
For the topping:
- 3 kiwifruit, sliced thin
Step By Step Instructions
- Place sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Peel and slice 3 kiwifruits into 9 slices each.
- Arrange kiwi in a bowl and pour about 2 tablespoons of melted butter over the top.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of sugar and toss to coat.
- Prepare topping by mixing together 1/2 cup crushed oats, 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- To prepare crumble, mix 1/2 stick of melted butter into the topping.
- To assemble dessert: Preheat the oven to 350° and grease an 8-9 inch round baking dish.
- Layer three sliced kiwifruit on the bottom of the dish, then sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of the topping.
- Repeat for 3 more layers, ending with a layer of kiwi on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until the topping is slightly browned and the fruit is bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and spoon onto plates to serve warm or at room temperature.
How Do I Make My Crumble Topping Crisp?
The simplest way of making the topping crisp is by baking it on its own before adding it to the recipe. This will make sure that you get the right type of crispness.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
Excellent Source Of: Vitamin A, Vitamin C
How Should I Serve Kiwi Fruit Crumble?
You can serve kiwi fruit crumble with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or ice cream if you desire. You may also want to put slices of banana on top, adding extra flavor and preventing the kiwifruit from discoloring.
Are Kiwi Fruit Crumble Good For You?
Yes, kiwifruit is a very good source of vitamin C, which plays an important role in your immune system. It is also full of fiber and potassium.
It also contains antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols that help protect you from free radicals found in the environment.
Can You Lose Weight Eating Kiwi Fruit Crumble?
Yes, you can lose weight by adding kiwi fruit crumble to your diet. The kiwifruit is high in fiber, which will help fill you up so that you will eat less during the day. It is also very low in calories while containing moderate sugar.
Are Kiwi Fruit Crumble Kids Friendly?
The simple answer to this question is yes; however, it depends on what age group you are referring to. If you are looking for a healthy dessert for children under the age of 3, these crumbles should not be baked with the topping.
The topping will cause the crumble to be too sweet for them, and you do not want to overdo it. However, if you are looking for a healthy dessert for children age 3 and older, then this dish is a very good option. This is because the sugar content is not overwhelming, and the kiwifruit contains vitamin C, which helps prevent colds that many children experience at this age.
Is It Suitable For A Home Party?
The simple answer to this question is yes; however, kiwifruit crumble can be used for a home party if you follow the recipe properly.
You will need to make sure that the topping is baked on its own before putting it into the fruit. This will ensure that your serving of kiwifruit will be crisp and crunchy.
How To Make Kiwi Fruit Crumble More Healthy?
To make this dish more healthy, you can try it with frozen kiwifruit instead of fresh. You will need to ensure that the fruit is chopped to get it into the serving dishes. However, this will allow you to reduce the amount of sugar by half.
How Long Will The Kiwi Fruit Crumble Last In The Freezer?
You can freeze the kiwifruit crumble for up to 3 months. If you are freezing it longer, make sure that there is a layer of parchment paper underneath the fruit so that the topping will be able to stick properly.
The Bottom Line
This kiwifruit crumble recipe is easy to make and can be served any time of the day. It is also very healthy, with a serving of fruit.
If you have made other recipes from our website, please write to us, and we will include them here for others to enjoy.
Thank you for visiting our blog.
If you find these recipes interesting, please share them with your friends and family so they can also benefit from our knowledge.
One Last Thing… If you have a food recipe you would like to share with us and others, and we would love to hear from you!