Kaddu Paneer Recipe is a classical dish that is mostly followed in Punjabi cuisine. It makes for a wholesome, healthy, and unusual meal that is perfect for dinner.
Kaddu Paneer tastes just like the Peshawari style of Nihari, which consists of meat grilled on skewers and their juices soaked in a classic tomato-based gravy that tastes tangy and delicious.
Kaddu Paneer Recipe typically comprises grated vegetables such as coconut, carrots, potatoes, onion, and tomatoes to create velvety gravy.
Adding green chilies or red chili powder gives it an extra kick, while adding ginger garlic paste gives it a warm aroma making it more tempting to consume this dish every time you make it at home.
Kaddu Paneer Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (capsicum) – chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes – boiled, peeled, and grated
- 2 carrots – grated
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Method Of Preparation Of Kaddu Paneer:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and empty the drained paneer cubes in it. Fry on low heat till they turn brown on all sides. Remove them from the oil and keep them aside.
- Now heat a pressure cooker for 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Cook the grated potatoes along with the ginger garlic paste in a large pan on a low flame. Add salt and sauté till soft. De-seed and remove the green bell pepper from its skin
- Now mix all three ingredients together in the pan and cook till oil separates from the sides of the gravy (this takes about 5-10 minutes)
- Once the oil separates, add crushed tomatoes along with it until tomatoes are completely softened, and liquid is absorbed in it.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked, add red chili powder, coriander powder, and kasoori methi, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now add the grated carrots and sauté on a low flame till they are completely cooked.
- Add ½ cup of water to it and allow it to boil now.
- In the meantime, crush the fried paneer cubes with a fork into small crumbs and add them to the gravy to complete the Kaddu Paneer Recipe.
- Now close the pressure cooker and wait for ten minutes.
- Once Kaddu Paneer is ready, open the cooker and mix well.
- Serve hot Kaddu Paneer with roti, bread, or parathas.
Offer it to your friends and family who love spicy food, and they will be pleased with your new recipe.
Best Serving With
Serve Kaddu Paneer along with roti or plain parathas which are available in many varieties such as butter naan, tandoori roti, kulcha, etc.
Nutrition Fact Per Serving
|Total fat||20 grams|
|Saturated fat||7 grams|
Health Benefits Of Kaddu Paneer
Kaddu Paneer is an excellent source of Iron. It contains plenty of Vitamin C. Kaddu Paneer is a good source of Vitamin B6 and Folate. Kaddu Paneer Recipe is a very good source of Potassium, dietary fiber, copper, and Manganese.
Kaddu Paneer contains a few Omega-3 fatty acids. Kaddu Paneer is a good source of Protein, Calcium, and Selenium. Kaddu Paneer is an excellent source of Vitamin B12.
Kaddu Paneer is a very good source of Phosphorus, Selenium, and Zinc. Kaddu Paneer is a good source of Magnesium.
Top 6 Health Benefits Of Kaddu Paneer:
1. Good For Healthy Heart
Kaddu Paneer contains lots of calcium which keeps the heart healthy by improving heart rhythm and reducing high cholesterol levels in our body. It also strengthens the blood vessels, which lowers the chances of heart attack and strokes.
Kaddu Paneer contains high selenium, which slows down the aging process. It also helps in treating several skin disorders, including cancer, diabetes, and an under-productive thyroid gland.
3. Good For Bone Strength
Kaddu Paneer is very rich in vitamin K and calcium. Both vitamin K and calcium help in keeping bones healthy, stronger, and dense.
4. Helps In Weight Loss
Kaddu Paneer helps in reducing body weight by controlling the hunger pangs by slowing down the digestion system, hence reducing food cravings naturally over a period of time with positive results and no side effects.
5. Heart Health
Kaddu Paneer is a good source of vitamin B6 as it is an anti-anemia and is needed for the health of the heart. It also prevents blood clotting and cholesterol and maintains liver and kidney functions.
6. Periodontal Disease
Kaddu Paneer is rich in fiber which helps in controlling periodontal disease. It also whitens teeth and helps in body cleansing.
The Bottom Line
So Delicious Kaddu Paneer Recipe – This Kaddu Paneer Recipe will be loved by everyone as it has a unique taste that any other ingredient or preparation cannot match.
You can also try out Kaddu (Buttercup Squash) Dessert Recipes which you can serve as an evening snack for your kids or for parties at home or any other occasions or get-togethers and make your party a hit one. Kaddu Paneer is great for dinner, too, and yes, Kaddu Paneer is healthy too.
Kaddu Paneer is healthy, but it’s also easy on the pocket! Give it a try today!