Judy’s Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a recipe with many different flavors. The strawberry pretzel salad is made up of strawberries, pretzels, and whipped cream.
This salad is both filling and delicious. This salad can be eaten as a meal or as a side dish. It is not too hard to make. So let’s get to the recipe.
- 1 Judy’s Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- 2 Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- 3 How Do You Eat Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
- 4 Best 5 Serving Ideas For Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 5 Is Strawberry Pretzel Salad Good For You?
- 6 Are Strawberry Pretzel Salad Kids Friendly?
- 7 How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Healthy?
- 8 How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Better?
- 9 The Bottom Line
Judy’s Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Recipe Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 ½ cups crushed pretzels
- 1 (16 ounces) package of frozen strawberries
- 4 ½ tablespoons white sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounces) packages of cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounces) container of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounces) package strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 2 cups boiling water
Step By Step Instructions:
Step-1: Crush pretzels.
Step-2: Combine pretzels, strawberries, 4 ½ tablespoons white sugar, butter, and cream cheese in a bowl. Mix well until butter is completely melted and the mixture is well combined. Transfer mixture to a greased 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 27 minutes or until the edges are bubbling slightly. Let cool for 20 minutes before adding the whipped topping.
Step-3: Beat ½ cup white sugar, and 3 tablespoons softened butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and blend until smooth with no lumps. Fold in whipped topping; set aside 1/3 cup whipped topping for garnish.
Step-4: In a small bowl, dissolve Jell-O® in boiling water. Add to remaining whipped topping; mix well.
Step-5: Pour over the cooled mixture in the pan. Refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours). Cut into squares and top each serving with a dollop of the reserved whipped topping and fresh strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
How Do You Eat Strawberry Pretzel Salad?
Like most layered desserts with a base and middle layer, strawberry pretzel salad is served by cutting the dessert into square pieces to show off the layers of strawberries, pretzels, and whipped topping in each bite.
For the best presentation and cutting ideas for this dessert with three layers, please click here to read our article on how to style and cut layers in this strawberry pretzel salad recipe while keeping all three layers intact.
Best 5 Serving Ideas For Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Here are the best five serving ideas for strawberry pretzel salad as suggested by our personal preferences:
1. For The Kids:
Serve strawberry pretzel salad in cups and top it with whipped topping, fresh strawberries, a few pretzels, and a straw to make it fun for little eaters.
2. For Breakfast Or Lunches
This sweet dessert can be enjoyed as breakfast or in between meals as a snack, making it fun as an occasional option at school parties, back-to-school events, and children’s parties.
3. For Potlucks
Portability is always an issue when hosting a potluck event. This dessert works for potlucks as it can be served in small dishes, snack containers, or on a busy buffet table.
4. For Dinner Parties
This dessert is very impressive when placed on a serving platter with fresh berries, pretzels and whipped cream garnishes.
5. For Entertaining
This dessert can be served as a dessert at children’s birthday parties and other special events where it can be cut into bite-size pieces to enjoy over other desserts or wine for picnics.
Is Strawberry Pretzel Salad Good For You?
Strawberry pretzel salad is a delicious mix of flavors that children usually enjoy, but adults who like sweet treats will also love this strawberry pretzel salad recipe. The sweet, tart, and creamy flavors of the dessert will give adults a burst of energy for a meal.
The strawberry pretzel salad is low in fat and cholesterol, making it a healthy choice instead of other high-fat desserts such as chocolate cake, donuts, or ice cream.
Are Strawberry Pretzel Salad Kids Friendly?
If you are planning to serve strawberry pretzel salad to children in your family, you’ll need to make sure that the recipe is made using ingredients that are safe for them.
Most of these ingredients can be found at grocery shops, including cream cheese, strawberries, sugar, and whipped topping.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Healthy?
Most desserts are made using ingredients that are unhealthy, but you can make this dessert healthier by substituting its butter with low-fat or non-fat butter. You can also add less sugar or reduce the amount of sugar you add to the recipe.
How To Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad Better?
There are a lot of ways to make strawberry pretzel salad better. Here are some ideas:
- Make it your own by adding a different flavor.
- Use ingredients that are healthy, like low-fat or non-fat butter, skim milk, and low-sugar Jell-O®
- Add homemade strawberry jam or jelly instead of the Jell-O®, whipped cream, and strawberry pretzel salad topping to make it sweeter.
- Serve with fresh fruit for a healthier dessert option since fresh fruits are natural and less processed than store-bought fruit containing preservatives, coloring, and additives.
- Add more strawberries so you can have multiple slices instead of one.
- In addition to the ingredients listed above, you can add some fresh fruit after you have made the strawberry pretzel salad.
The Bottom Line
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a healthy dessert that children and adults can enjoy at special events with customers. The dessert recipe is easy to make using ingredients that are safe for the kids.
The sweet, tart, and creamy flavors in the recipe will give you a burst of energy and make you feel good after a meal.