Are you a fan of the hit home renovation show “Fixer Upper”? If so, you’ll definitely want to try out this recipe for braided bread from the show’s star, Joanna Gaines.
In this blog post, we’ll share with you Joanna’s secret recipe for this delicious and beautifully braided bread.
Not only is it delicious, but it also makes for a stunning presentation at any dinner party. Follow along as we guide you through the steps to recreate this bread in your own kitchen.
Joanna Gaines Braided Bread Recipe
Sure! Here’s a recipe for braided bread that you can try at home:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp water
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix the warm water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl. Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into three equal pieces. Roll each piece into a long, thin rope. Braid the ropes together and place the braid on the prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and water. Brush the mixture over the braid and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes, until it is golden brown. Let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.