Jinya Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Recipe is spicy vegan ramen with a creamy miso broth, spicy tofu, and shiitake mushroom recipe that is healthy, low calorie, and soy-free. It’s an excellent source of protein, which will help you stay fuller for longer.
This recipe is easy to make and good for you! Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen may increase your appetite, but it can be reduced in fat by using a little less oil. But it’s not good for you if you’re trying to cut calories or watch your weight.
Jinya Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 bricks of ramen noodles
- ¼ cup tahini – smooth and runny
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons grated garlic
- 1 yellow onion – diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2-3 cups spinach – substitute kale if desired
- Extra-firm tofu – cubed
- Green onion – to taste
- Crispy onion strings
- Sesame seeds
- Chili oil – to taste
- Add sesame oil and onion to a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently until onion is translucent, then add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add vegetable broth to the pot and bring to a slow boil
- Once boiling, carefully lower in ramen noodles and break apart if they are stuck together. The soup should cover the noodles completely. If not, add more broth as necessary but keep in mind that adding spinach will increase your soup’s volume considerably!
- Next, add spinach, tahini, miso paste, and maple syrup. Bring the mixture up to a simmer and occasionally stir for a few minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and cover to keep warm. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving with tofu topping and crispy onion strings
- If you want to keep this soup vegan, you can use dry or non-dairy cheese instead of creamy tofu topping or substitute with one cup of cashews or soya milk if desired
- Serve with chili oil, sesame seeds, and green onion for topping
- After adding the toppings, let it sit for a few minutes longer
- Serve hot!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
How Should I Serve Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen?
This vegan ramen recipe is best served hot and with toppings. Tofu is a great topping for this dish. You can use any other protein that you like with this spicy, creamy vegan ramen recipe, such as baked chicken or salmon.
This vegan ramen recipe can be served in a noodle soup bowl, on top of rice, or even on top of salad greens if you’re looking for a lighter meal. You can adjust the amount of water and seasonings used depending on your tastes and dietary preferences.
Are Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Good For You?
This recipe is suitable for gluten-free and paleo diets and is also a vegetarian meal. This recipe can be made vegan by skipping the additional miso paste topping.
This vegan ramen recipe is low in fat but contains some healthy fats from olive oil and tahini. This recipe has no cholesterol. However, it is high in sodium.
If you are watching your sodium intake, you can reduce the vegetable broth by ¼ cup and add ½ cup of water instead, which will greatly reduce the sodium content of this recipe!
This spicy, creamy vegan ramen has an excellent source of protein from tofu. It also has an excellent source of fiber from spinach and whole grain noodles.
This spicy, creamy vegan ramen recipe has a good amount of vitamins and minerals, making it a healthy meal. It will help you get your required amount of vitamins and minerals each day.
Serve with toppings like crispy onions and sesame seeds for extra flavor!
Are Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Kids Friendly?
As this is not considered a “kid-friendly” recipe but rather an adult version of ramen noodles, the components can be adjusted to accommodate the needs of children.
For example, extra-firm tofu could be used in place of regular tofu to make it more kid-friendly, or any other serving suggestions could be made.
Will Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Increase Your Appetite?
Yes, the ingredients used in this recipe will increase your appetite. This is good if you are trying to gain weight or muscle mass. However, vegetables and tofu can be substituted for other protein sources such as fish or chicken without affecting your appetite in any way.
Will Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Make You Fat?
Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen will not make you fat because it is non-dairy. It contains no saturated fats, trans fats, or cholesterol. This recipe is high in protein, so it absorbs many calories but doesn’t add to your body size because it is low in fat and carbs.
Can Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Be Thawed?
Yes, this recipe can be thawed and heated as it is. However, if you are anticipating that you will be finishing your dish very quickly, it would be better to cook it right before serving so that the ingredients have time to warm up fully.
Is Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen Kosher?
This recipe is kosher because the ramen itself is kosher. However, the toppings are not meat products, so gluten-free soy sauce or toppings may be used that may not be kosher for Passover.
The Bottom Line
Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen is a healthy and delicious high-protein meal that can be served as either a soup or a noodle dish. This vegan ramen recipe is low in fat and high in fiber, making it a healthy choice. This recipe can be made gluten-free to accommodate those with dietary restrictions.
This vegan ramen recipe is also perfect for kids, adults, and even picky eaters because it offers so many substitutions for easy customization.
Spicy Creamy Vegan Ramen is not only great to make at home, but they also make the perfect lunch or dinner on the go.
- Outback Steakhouse Brussel Sprouts Recipe - May 21, 2023
- Brenda Gantt Cornbread Recipe: A Classic Southern Delight - May 21, 2023
- Costco Cinnamon Bread Recipe - May 21, 2023