Are you a cookie lover who struggles with sleepless nights? Look no further! In this article, we will share a delicious Insomnia Cookies recipe that will not only satisfy your sweet tooth but also help you relax and unwind.
So put on your apron and get ready to bake some irresistible cookies that will lull you into a peaceful slumber.
Insomnia Cookies Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10-12 minutes
- Yield: Approximately 24 cookies
Ingredients You’ll Need
To make the Insomnia Cookies recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of dried lavender buds
Step 1: Preparing The Dough
- Mix the salt, baking powder, and flour in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the rolled oats, dark chocolate chips, and dried lavender buds.
Step 2: Shaping And Baking The Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Take tablespoonfuls of dough and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving enough space between them for spreading.
- Gently flatten each dough ball with the back of a spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- After taking the cookies out of the oven, allow them to cool for a short while on the baking sheet before moving them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving – 1 Cookie):
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 45mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 9g
- Includes 5g Added Sugars
- Protein: 2g
Tips And Tricks For Perfect Insomnia Cookies
- For an extra calming effect, add a sprinkle of ground cinnamon to the cookie dough.
- Use high-quality dark chocolate chips for a rich and intense chocolate flavor.
- If you prefer a chewier texture, refrigerate the dough for 1-2 hours before baking.
- Experiment with different sleep-inducing herbs and spices such as chamomile or valerian root.
Variations To Try
While the classic Insomnia Cookies recipe is delightful on its own, you can also experiment with variations to suit your taste preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Matcha And White Chocolate Cookies: Substitute the dark chocolate chips with white chocolate and add 1 tablespoon of matcha powder to the dough.
- Almond Butter And Sea Salt Cookies: Replace half of the butter with almond butter and sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top of each cookie before baking.
- Coconut And Macadamia Nut Cookies: Add 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and 1/4 cup of chopped macadamia nuts to the dough.
Health Benefits Of Sleep-Inducing Ingredients
Insomnia Cookies not only taste amazing but also offer several health benefits. Let’s take a look at the sleep-inducing properties of some of the key ingredients:
- Lavender: Known for its relaxing aroma, lavender can help reduce anxiety and promote better sleep.
- Oats: Rich in melatonin, oats can regulate sleep patterns and improve overall sleep quality.
- Dark Chocolate: Contains serotonin, a neurotransmitter that promotes feelings of relaxation and happiness.
- Cinnamon: Helps stabilize blood sugar levels, reducing the chances of sleep disturbances.
The Science Behind Cookies And Sleep
You might be wondering how cookies can actually improve sleep. While the effects may vary from person to person, certain ingredients found in Insomnia Cookies can contribute to a more restful night.
Melatonin-rich foods like oats can regulate sleep-wake cycles, while the aroma of lavender has a soothing effect on the mind and body.
Moreover, the act of baking and enjoying cookies can be a comforting bedtime ritual that helps signal the brain that it’s time to unwind and prepare for sleep.
If you’ve been searching for a delicious and sleep-enhancing treat, look no further than Insomnia Cookies recipe. With their carefully selected ingredients and heavenly taste, these cookies offer the perfect solution for those sleepless nights.
So why wait? Bake a batch of Insomnia Cookies today and indulge in a tasty treat that will help you drift off into dreamland.