Hutterite Beans Recipe is a traditional soup recipe, and it is a hearty dish. Hutterite Soup Recipe has become a favorite of Canadians and Americans.
Let’s not forget that Hutterite Bean Soup Recipe is one of the most common dishes in Eastern Europe. This article will present you with our original Hutterite Beans Recipe to try out at home.
- 1 Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe
- 2 What Else Can You Add To This Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe?
- 3 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 4 How Should I Serve Hutterite Beans Soup?
- 5 Best 5 Heath Benefits Of Hutterite Beans Soup
- 6 The Bottom Line
Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe
Prepare Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups beans
- 2 carrot chopped
- 6 stalks celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 each bay leaves
- 2 tsp green goddess dry mix
- 2 oz bacon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
1. Put the beans and the water into a large pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat, let simmer, and cook until tender (about 25 minutes).
2. While beans are cooking, chop celery, celery tops, and carrots into small size pieces.
3. Rinse the beans well and put them back in the pot with chicken broth, green goddess mix, and salt/pepper.
4. Bring to a boil again, then turn down the heat to simmer for about 10 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated and bean chunks are tender.
5. Meanwhile, put bacon and oil in a large skillet and cook until cooked through.
6. Add chopped celery and carrots to the bacon drippings, careful not to brown them too much.
7. Add celery/carrot mixture to the beans, stir well, and season with salt/pepper to taste at this time as well.
8. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until everything is hot.
9. Hutterite Soup Bean Recipe is served with crusty bread and fresh pieces of celery and carrot on top of the bowl or soup plate.
What Else Can You Add To This Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe?
You can add your favorite vegetables and chicken or add a 1/2 cup of dried lima beans. If you like, you can also add some smoked sausage. Feel free to experiment with different flavors and ingredients.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Excellent Source Of: Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Manganese, Riboflavin
How Should I Serve Hutterite Beans Soup?
Hutterite Beans Recipe is wonderfully served with fresh vegetables and crusty bread. I would also highly recommend freshly made homemade bread for Hutterite Bean Soup. It will enhance the flavor of the soup.
Best 5 Heath Benefits Of Hutterite Beans Soup
Hutterite Beans Recipe is exceptionally healthy and rich in fiber. Eating Hutterite Beans Recipe regularly helps you, your family, and your friends to maintain a healthier lifestyle. This recipe is also rich in beneficial phytonutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
Best 5 health benefits of Hutterite beans soup:
1. Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 aids in the production of the neurotransmitters that help form memories and help your brain to function efficiently and optimally.
Hutterite Beans Recipe also contains other vitamins and minerals that help in the body’s overall health, such as thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin which are known to assist with brain function.
Fiber is one of the most important nutrients to maintain a healthy digestive system, and it also helps maintain a healthy weight by keeping you feeling full for longer periods of time, reduces cholesterol levels in your bloodstream, and is also necessary for proper digestion.
Manganese aids in the formation of bones and teeth. Manganese is also necessary for creating connective tissues, bone and muscle growth and bone density and helps the body absorb calcium.
4. Vitamin C
Vitamin C promotes good health by acting as an immune system booster and protects tissues from free radical damage that can cause cancer and heart disease.
Vitamin C also helps stabilizes blood vessels and maintain vision, helps with collagen production in the skin that keeps it healthy looking, and reduces your chances of developing cataracts later on in life.
Calcium is a major mineral that is necessary for the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. All of the bones in your body need calcium to function properly, which means it is also necessary for your muscles, nerves, heart, and blood vessels. Getting enough calcium from your diet is essential for maintaining good health.
The Bottom Line
Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe is one of the easiest and best meals to enjoy in cold winter. This soup recipe can be used both as a main dish or a side dish for family gatherings.
Now that you know more about Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe, you will be eager to experiment with new recipes. Also, keep in mind that this recipe is very easy to prepare, and you don’t need any special skills or knowledge to get it right. The only thing you need is a little bit of patience and some time.
If you like this recipe and enjoy it minus the patience part, then share it with your friends on Facebook or any other social media platform. I Hope Hutterite Beans Soup Recipe will help someone like it helped me!