The best nachos are crispy and warm, and every hard-to-reach chip has just the right amount of cheese.
No one wants to enjoy a soggy mess. That’s why reading your nachos for reheating is so important.
How To Reheat Nachos?
Reheating Your Nachos In The Oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Place a desired number of nacho chips in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil and sprinkle with the desired amount of shredded cheese and toppings.
Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and chips are crisp, stirring halfway through baking time if necessary.
Tips For Ensuring The Nachos Retain Their Crispiness:
- Toss the nachos with seasonings to ensure they are evenly coated.
- Use the baking sheet to prevent moisture from escaping and soggy chips. Make sure the baking sheet is covered in parchment paper or foil to avoid sticking. A good quality baking sheet will keep your nachos from burning as well.
Reheating Nachos In The Microwave
Place a desired number of nacho chips in a single layer on a microwave-safe plate with high sides (to avoid splattering).
Sprinkle shredded cheese and jalapeno peppers over chip tops. Cover with a microwave-safe lid and heat on high for 45 to 60 seconds. Remove the lid and stir. Repeat this process until the cheese is melted.
Tips For Avoiding Soggy Nachos:
- Spread nachos in an even layer so they do not overlap and can absorb the melting cheese evenly.
- Place nachos in microwave and heat on low power setting for 1 minute, then remove from the microwave and stir, put back in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove from the microwave and stir again. This will prevent your cheese from burning or drying out. Continue to repeat until all cheese has melted.
- If the chips are getting soggy, you can use a fork to stir the nachos until they warm up and thicken.
Reheating Nachos On The Stove
Place the desired number of nacho chips in a single layer on a paper towel or a plate. Spread cheese over top of the chips in an even layer.
Tightly cover with plastic wrap or foil and heat on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Wait one minute after removing from heat to allow the cheese to melt slightly before serving (if you do not wait, the cheese will burn quickly). Repeat until all nacho chips have been heated; repeat if necessary until the cheese is melted.
Tips For Preventing The Nachos From Burning
- Use a large nonstick frying pan on low heat to prevent burning.
- Do not add more chips if the cheese isn’t melted yet.
- Turn your burner to low after a minute. This will prevent burning from happening.
Nachos are one of the best foods to have often. They can be served as a light lunch or be a hearty dinner. They are delicious because they are easy to make and should never be tossed in the microwave as it could lead to soggy, burnt chips.
Your nachos will always stay warm and crispy, whether in the oven, on the stove, or in the microwave.
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023