Halloween Potato Salad is prepared along the same lines as any other potato salad with respect to ingredients.
The only difference is that, in order for it to be appropriate for the Hallow’s Eve holiday, some additional steps are followed.
The potatoes are first boiled whole, unpeeled, then sliced into pieces and allowed to cool. Then, an additional and very special ingredient is added to enhance the red color of the dish – cranberries! They don’t only look wonderful in color but also add a hint of tang to an otherwise plain dish.
- 1 Halloween Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Halloween Potato Salad?
- 3 Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- 4 How Should I Serve Halloween Potato Salad?
- 5 Are Puerto Halloween Potato Salad Good For You?
- 6 How To Make Halloween Potato Salad Better?
- 7 What Seasonings Should You Use For This Recipe?
- 8 The Bottom Line
Halloween Potato Salad Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Yield: 10 Servings
- 5-6 Potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 2 Carrots, shredded.
- 1/2 cup Green Peas and Corn, combined.
- 1/4 cup Celery, diced.
- 2-3 Green Onions, chopped.
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing or Salad Dressing or Salad Dressing with Oil.
Step By Step Instructions
- In a large pan, boil the diced potatoes for about 15-20 minutes until they are soft. Drain and let them cool at room temperature.
- In the meantime, mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise with 1/4 cup of Italian dressing, salad dressing, or salad dressing with oil and spread all over the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Mix all the other ingredients very well in a separate bowl.
- Add this mixture on top of the potato mixture, pressing down lightly with a spoon to make sure it all gets mixed in.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
If you want to make a safe (for the kids) version of this salad, you could use non-fat mayonnaise and mix it with the Italian dressing or salad dressing in step 2.
What Salad Dressing Goes Good On Halloween Potato Salad?
You can use any salad dressing that will go well with the other ingredients in this recipe. There are numerous kinds of dressing you can use.
I recommend Italian Dressing for this recipe, but you should experiment with different kinds until you find one that suits your taste more than others.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
|Fat: 17.57 g|
|Cholesterol: 6.52 mg|
|Sodium: 857.0 mg|
|Carbohydrates: 26.33 g|
|Protein: 3.38 g|
|Sugar: 2.89 g|
How Should I Serve Halloween Potato Salad?
Well, there are many ways that you can serve your Halloween Potato Salad.
Amazing 5 Serving Ideas:
1. You can use it as a side dish or appetizer at any Halloween party. It is so easy to prepare that you could easily serve it.
2. You could even use it as a filling ingredient in sandwiches and wraps.
3. You can use this salad to make pizza with the same ingredients and make an amazing Halloween Pizza! With some more veggies, this salad would make for a tasty topping for human-style palak paneer pizza too!
4. Use it to create macaroni salad and add some more veggies like corn and carrots, along with boiled macaroni pasta pieces. Make the salad flavorful by adding herbs, black pepper, etc., according to your taste preference.
5. You can add this salad to a vegan stir fry, or, in fact, you can use it as a stuffing ingredient in a vegan wrap or sandwich.
This recipe would be very easy to convert into an amazing, healthy root vegetable salad. Just add some of your favorite root veggies and make them taste delicious with your favorite herbs and seasonings, and you are all set to go!
Are Puerto Halloween Potato Salad Good For You?
This is a very simple potato salad recipe in which all the ingredients are very healthy. It has some fat, but this kind of fat is very healthy for you.
Potato dishes can be a quite low calories for someone who exercises regularly. This recipe is no exception to this rule.
How To Make Halloween Potato Salad Better?
Yes, you can make this dish even better by adding more ingredients to it! You can add boiled or baked eggs or veggie crumbles (like those usually used in vegetarian food).
If you want to serve the salad as a side dish with a meal, you could add chicken pieces (without the skin), chicken breasts and mashed white potatoes.
What Seasonings Should You Use For This Recipe?
Since the entire recipe is made in the Italian dressing or salad dressing style, you should avoid adding any more seasonings on top of that.
However, if you don’t like to eat the dressing, then you can simply omit it from this recipe and prepare another type of salad dressing for your potato salad with other ingredients.
The Bottom Line
Halloween Potato Salad, as you can see, is a very simple recipe to make. There isn’t much to think about, and the entire preparation process is very simple and straightforward.
The preparation and the recipe itself are great in terms of taste, but this dish wouldn’t be interesting to many people if it was not served in some interesting way.