Gukbap, also known as “soup rice,” is a traditional Korean dish that is both hearty and comforting.
It is made by simmering a rich broth with various ingredients such as meat, seafood, and vegetables and then served over steamed rice.
This dish is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients and has a long history in Korean culture.
In this blog post, we will be sharing a recipe for a classic version of Gukbap that you can easily make at home.
Whether you’re a fan of Korean cuisine or just looking for a new and satisfying meal, this recipe is sure to please.
To make gukbap, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 pound of beef
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of sliced cabbage
- 1 cup of sliced radish
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add the rice and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Cook the rice for 18-20 minutes or until it’s fully cooked.
- While the rice is cooking, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it’s browned on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, cabbage, and radish to the same pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add the cooked meat back into the pan with the vegetables. Pour in the soy sauce and sesame oil, and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the vegetable and meat mixture to the pot with the cooked rice. Stir everything together and bring it to a simmer. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the flavors have melded together.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the chopped green onions. Serve the gukbap in bowls and enjoy!
Gukbap is a delicious and satisfying meal that is perfect for cold weather or a hearty lunch or dinner. You can adjust the ingredients to your taste; it is also a great way to use leftovers. Try it out, and let us know how it turns out!