Are you looking to impress your friends and family with a delicious and unique meal? Look no further than the flanken roast!
This savory cut of meat, typically made from beef short ribs, is slow-cooked to perfection and bursts with flavor.
This blog post will provide a step-by-step guide on making the perfect flanken roast, including tips on seasoning, cooking time, and serving suggestions. Get ready to wow your taste buds with this mouthwatering recipe!
Flanken Roast Recipe
- 2 lbs flanken-style beef short ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- Preheat your oven to 325°F.
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Rub the mixture evenly over the short ribs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the short ribs and sear on all sides until they are browned, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Stir in the tomato paste and beef broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid.
- Transfer the pot to the preheated oven and roast the short ribs for 2-3 hours, or until they are tender and easily fall off the bone.
- Remove the pot from the oven and let the short ribs rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Optional: You can also add vegetables such as carrots, onions, and potatoes to the pot during the last hour of cooking for a complete one-pot meal.