Are you in the mood for a decadent dessert that’s sure to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this Emile Henry crème brûlée recipe!
This classic French dessert is made with rich and creamy custard and a layer of hard caramelized sugar.
The Emile Henry crème brûlée dish is the perfect vessel for this dessert, as it distributes heat evenly and helps to create a perfectly caramelized top. Follow this recipe to learn how to make this delicious treat at home.
Emile Henry Creme Brulee Recipe
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Bring the heavy cream and vanilla bean to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Slowly pour the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, constantly whisking to prevent the eggs from cooking.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a measuring cup with a spout.
- Divide the mixture evenly among four 6-ounce Emile Henry crème brûlée dishes. Place the dishes in a baking dish and fill the dish with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the dishes.
- Bake the crème brûlées for 35-40 minutes, or until the edges are set but the centre still jiggles slightly.
- Remove the crème brûlées from the water bath and let them cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve the crème brûlées, preheat your broiler. Sprinkle a thin layer of brown sugar evenly over the top of each crème brûlée. Place the dishes under the broiler until the sugar is melted and caramelized, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the crème brûlées immediately and enjoy!