You’re in for a treat with this Door County Cherry Salsa recipe if you enjoy strong, distinctive tastes that pique your taste senses.
Your cooking experience will be completely transformed by this delectable fusion of sweet Door County cherries, zingy peppers, and fresh herbs.
This cherry salsa will not dissapoint whether you’re organizing a summertime BBQ, a casual get-together, or are just in the mood for a flavorful explosion.
This article will walk you through the steps needed to make this mouthwatering Door County Cherry Salsa recipe as well as offer some advice on how to serve it to guests.
Door County Cherry Salsa Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes (No cooking required)
- Course: Appetizer, Condiment
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Yield: Approximately 2 cups of salsa
- Calories: Approximately 25 calories per 2-tablespoon serving
- 1 cup fresh Door County cherries, washed, pitted, and chopped
- 1/2 cup mixed bell peppers (red, yellow, and green), finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeds, and membranes removed, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the cherries by washing, pitting, and chopping them. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chopped cherries, mixed bell peppers, red onion, minced jalapeno pepper, minced garlic, and chopped cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice of one lime over the mixture.
- Add ground cumin, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt, pepper, or lime juice if desired.
- Allow the salsa to sit for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Door County Cherry Salsa immediately with tortilla chips or your favorite dippable snack.
The Door County Cherry Salsa is a versatile and flavorful condiment that can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some creative serving suggestions to make the most of this delectable salsa:
- Classic Chips And Dip: Serve the Door County Cherry Salsa with a bowl of your favorite tortilla chips. The sweet and savory flavors of the salsa pair beautifully with the crunch of the chips, creating a classic and irresistible combination.
- Grilled Proteins: Use the salsa as a delightful topping for grilled proteins such as chicken, pork, or fish. The salsa’s vibrant flavors will add a burst of freshness and a touch of elegance to your grilled dishes.
- Tacos And Burritos: Elevate your tacos and burritos by adding a Door County Cherry Salsa spoonful. Whether you’re making traditional beef tacos or vegetarian burritos, the salsa will enhance your creations’ overall taste and texture.
- Bruschetta: Spread the cherry salsa over toasted baguette slices for a unique and appetizing bruschetta. This twist on a classic Italian appetizer will impress your guests and add a burst of flavor to any gathering.
- Cheese Platter: Create a gourmet cheese platter by pairing the salsa with a selection of cheeses. The sweet and savory notes of the salsa will complement both mild and bold cheeses, making it a delightful addition to your charcuterie spread.
Nutrition Facts (Per 2-Tablespoon Serving):
- Calories: 25
- Total Fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 35mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 1%
- Potassium: 2%
A delicious medley of fresh ingredients come together in the Door County Cherry Salsa recipe to produce a blast of flavour. This salsa is a useful addition to your culinary arsenal because of its sweet and salty flavor profile.
This salsa will wow your visitors and satisfy your palate whether you serve it as an appetizer or use it to dress up your main courses.