Are you looking for a refreshing and delightful beverage to beat the summer heat? Look no further! In this article, we’ll share with you a simple and easy-to-follow DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea recipe.
With the delicate flavor of roses and the icy chill of tea, this beverage is the perfect companion for hot days. So, roll up your sleeves, grab some roses, and let’s get started!
Benefits Of Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea
Aside from its delicious taste, DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea offers several health benefits. Roses are known to contain antioxidants, which help combat oxidative stress and promote overall well-being.
Additionally, rose syrup may have mild anti-inflammatory properties and can aid in digestion. This refreshing iced tea is a guilt-free pleasure!
DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea Recipe
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: This recipe yields approximately 4 servings.
Things You’ll Need
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s gather the necessary ingredients and equipment:
- Fresh rose petals (make sure they are free from pesticides and chemicals)
- Granulated sugar
- Black tea bags
- Fresh lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Fine mesh strainer
- Airtight container
Making Homemade Rose Syrup
- 1 cup fresh rose petals
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Thoroughly rinse the fresh rose petals to remove any dirt or debris.
- In a saucepan, combine the rose petals, sugar, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sugar has completely dissolved, reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the rose syrup cool down.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh strainer into an airtight container, discarding the rose petals.
Preparing Rosy Iced Tea
- 4 cups water
- 4 black tea bags
- 1/2 cup rose syrup (adjust to taste)
- Fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- Ice cubes
- In a separate saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add the black tea bags and let them steep for 3-5 minutes or until the desired strength is achieved.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the brewed tea to cool.
- Once cooled, transfer the tea to a pitcher and add the rose syrup. Stir well.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the pitcher and mix it with the tea.
- Fill serving glasses with ice cubes and pour the rosy iced tea over the ice.
- Give it a gentle stir, and your DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea is ready to be enjoyed!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 80
- Sodium: 5mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 20g
- Sugars: 20g
Tips For A Perfect Rosy Iced Tea
- Adjust The Sweetness: Feel free to adjust the amount of rose syrup according to your preference for sweetness. You can start with 1/2 cup and add more if desired.
- Play With Flavors: Enhance the flavor profile by adding a few drops of rose water or a sprig of fresh mint.
- Chill Before Serving: For the most refreshing experience, chill the prepared rosy iced tea in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Serving And Storage
Pour the DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea into tall glasses, garnish with a rose petal or a slice of lemon, and serve chilled. This delightful beverage is perfect for parties, picnics, or simply enjoying a relaxing afternoon at home.
To store the rose syrup, transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate. It can be stored for up to a month, allowing you to make multiple batches of rosy iced tea whenever you desire.
While DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea offers numerous health benefits, consuming it in moderation is important. The beverage contains sugar, so individuals with diabetes or those watching their sugar intake should enjoy it in small quantities.
If you have any underlying health conditions or concerns, it’s best to consult with a healthcare professional before making any dietary changes.
Indulge in the delightful and refreshing taste of DIY Rose Syrup Rosy Iced Tea recipe. This simple recipe allows you to capture the essence of roses in a cool and satisfying beverage.
Whether hosting a gathering or treating yourself to a relaxing day at home, this rosy iced tea will surely impress. So, grab your apron, gather the ingredients, and get ready to sip on a glass of floral bliss!