Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe is relatively easy but requires a little more effort than other recipes.
It is perfect for those that want to bake their own dessert or present it to a loved one as a gift. Since it is a cake, it is typically served after a meal. Read more about this recipe below.
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Recipe
Prepare Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 cakes
- 1 ½ cups All Purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
For Cream Cheese Layer:
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar + 6 teaspoons for top
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and soda in a medium bowl and blend in the salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together using an electric mixer until light and fluffy (1-2 mins). Add the sugar and continue beating until well combined.
4. Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition till everything is well combined as possible.
5. Gradually add dry mixture into the wet mixture in 2 batches with a beat on low speed until just incorporated, then beat for another 30 seconds or so on medium speed (do not overbeat).
6. Divide the batter between 6 paper-lined muffin cups, fill 3/4 of each cup, and bake for 20 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Then let them cool on wire racks.
7. For the cream cheese filling, whisk the egg and sugar in a medium bowl, add cream cheese and vanilla extract, and mix well until smooth.
8. Pour into a large zip lock bag, cut off one corner, then pipe over the cooled cake down the center, starting from top to about halfway down (about 2 tbsp per cake).
9. Serve immediately or chill for later use once it sets up completely.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: less than 1g
- Sugar: 22g
- Protein: 2g
What Does Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Taste Like?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake tastes like a light and fluffy pound cake. The butter is complemented well by the cream cheese filling.
It is not too sweet but rather mild in flavor, so those that love their desserts sweet may not enjoy this quite as much.
Can I Make Gluten-Free Del Frisco’s Butter Cake?
Yes, you can make gluten-free Del Frisco’s Butter Cake. While there are not many ingredients in the cake or filling, all of them come from a large variety of sources and can easily be replaced with gluten-free ingredients to make the same cakes at home.
How Should I Serve Del Frisco’s Butter Cake?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake is usually served chilled. You can serve it with a fruit salad or some fresh berries for a delicious dessert that is not too heavy for your stomach.
It also accompanies ice cream on top or whipped cream in the middle if you want something more decadent and rich.
You can also add some fruit to the filling to make the cakes more enjoyable with a little extra flavor.
Are Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Good For You?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake is good for you because it is whole wheat and made with high-quality ingredients. It contains many important vitamins and minerals for your health, including vitamins K, B6, E, and C.
It also contains proteins and carbohydrates that are essential to keep you full throughout the day, so you don’t have to eat a whole loaf of bread all at once.
This recipe has no preservatives or high fructose corn syrup, which minimizes the risk of stomach upset or accidents.
Will Del Frisco’s Butter Cake Make You Feel Full?
Del Frisco’s Butter Cake can help you feel full throughout the day. It is a relatively low-calorie cake, with only 210 calories per serving.
It will keep you going all morning long with only one slice, especially if you are trying to lose weight by eating less food.
Are These Del Frisco’s Butter Cake A Healthy Snack For Kids?
These Del Frisco’s Butter Cakes make a healthy snack for kids because they are made from scratch and are easy to eat on the go.
They are easy to make and do not have a lot of ingredients. Most importantly, they are made from whole wheat flour and no high fructose syrup, so they won’t make you feel sick after one or two slices.
It seems like a simple cake, but that is not the case. Baking it correctly is important to make it as good as it can be. The richness and sweetness of the cake come from the cream cheese filling.
This recipe is worth trying if you love real butter cakes, as I do. It is also one of the most frequently shared cake recipes on the internet.
So, Del Frisco Butter Cake is a recipe that can be easily mastered and will taste amazing when put together with your loved ones. This would be an ideal gift for any occasion, such as birthdays, Valentine’s day, or the end of the year.
- How To Reheat Fries In Microwave: Quick And Easy Tips - March 17, 2023
- How To Defrost Pasta Sauce: 4 Simple Ways - March 15, 2023
- How To Microwave Fish Sticks: A Quick And Easy Guide - March 12, 2023