Crepes are a classic French dish that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They can be filled with a variety of sweet or savory fillings, making them a versatile and delicious option for any meal.
We’ll use Alton Brown’s crepe recipe in this recipe, which is simple, easy to follow, and yields delicious results.
Crepes Recipe Alton Brown
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine the flour, eggs, milk, water, salt, and melted butter in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Let the batter sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the bubbles to subside.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the skillet and tilt the pan to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook until the bottom is lightly browned, then flip and cook the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter or cooking spray as needed.
Once your crepes are cooked, you can fill them with your favorite sweet or savory fillings. Some popular options include Nutella and fruit or ham and cheese. You can add some herbs like parsley, chives, or tarragon for a savory crepe.
Crepes are a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed any time of day. Alton Brown’s recipe is a great starting point for making your own crepes at home. With a little bit of practice, you’ll be able to make perfect crepes every time. So, don’t hesitate to experiment with different fillings and enjoy your own delicious crepes.