Welcome to our blog! Today, we are sharing a delicious and traditional Lebanese recipe for chicken liver.
This dish is a staple in many Middle Eastern households and is sure to be a hit with the whole family. The combination of spices and herbs creates a bold and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion.
Whether you are looking for a new recipe to try out for dinner tonight or are looking to expand your culinary horizons, this chicken liver Lebanese recipe is a must-try. So grab your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!
Chicken Liver Lebanese Recipe
Here is a recipe for chicken liver Lebanese style:
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are soft and translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cumin, and paprika to the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the chicken livers to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the livers until they are browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the livers are tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know if you have any questions.